Browns Ford Access - Big River - Dittmer, MO

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog

Reaction score
I hit the Big River today after I was lounging around with the wife and she said why don't you go fishing? I looked at her and to my amazement she was serious so I was out the door in 2 minutes and on my way. Got to the river at about 2:30 and fished until 6:30. I ran pretty far up and started with top water. Fire tiger 4" chugging thing my uncle left in my boat. I caught nothing for 3 hours. I downsized to a 3" baby bass chugging top water lure and caught a 10" spot on my first cast. I had numerous bass short strike my top water.

I had a smallie short strike one time so I threw back a jig and caught it. Nice 13" healthy bass. It was textbook. Miss it top water throw back some sort of plastic or jig.

I checked my radar on my phone at 6:20 and realized there was a storm coming in so I packed up and hammered down to get back to the ramp. Everything went smooth except for one late turn and I had to slam it in reverse as to not beach the boat. Any of you jet guys know the feeling, "i think I should have gone left before that stump in to that little channel, Oh crap!" Then it is too late and your frantically trying to correct the problem. Needless to say the first scratches are on the boat. Nothing major but when I got it back to my shop and wiped everything down I definitely put some scratches in the bottom paint. I better get used to it, I bought it to fish out of in shallow rocky rivers.

All in all it was a beautiful day, the river was awesome, other boaters were friendly, saw a Riverpro. This older man had it and his grandson, I assume, 10 years old or younger was just cruising around reaming the piss out of it. Pretty funny. That little kid could drive and really liked hammering down.