Buzzbait/night time

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
I arrived at the Lake around 5pm,only fished till 10pm.
I was staying till I caught a fish in the dark,even though I'm scared of the dark.
Started throwing topwater as I normally do first when I get to a lake,nothing was happening.
Switched to a spinnerbait and landed a few pickerel,none of any great size though.
I managed to catch/land 9 pickerel and only 2 smallmouth.
Heres a pickerel picture,probably the biggest of the night.
7.31 (3).jpg
This is the first bass I caught tonight,nice one rite around 3lbs.
7.31 (2).jpg
7.31.jpg
Same fish,sorry having alittle trouble here editing.
Now my next bass I caught around 10pm or just before.
I was using a buzzbait,just keeping it up on top of the water.Pretty crazy at night not seeing the bait but only going by ears.
Long story short I get a bite and it starts pulling drag like crazy,heard and seen acouple jumps,for a sec was thinking it might be a atlantic salmon.Don't know if it was night or what but I think the fish was pulling way harder then normal.Don't know what the fish weighed but well over 3lbs,in the 4's most likely,really long,pretty fat to..
7.31 (5).jpg

That night fish has great colors!! Night fishing to me is a different world, I have always liked to throw a June ug lizard rigged Texas and using flourescent line with black light.

I'm glad you got one after dark.

Nice fish as always, I gotta start smallie fishing this year, the green bass have just been too cooperative this year. That pickerel almost looks like a pike, its probly just the lighting in the picture though. Nice work

jkbirocz said:
Nice fish as always, I gotta start smallie fishing this year, the green bass have just been too cooperative this year. That pickerel almost looks like a pike, its probly just the lighting in the picture though. Nice work
I see that in the spots,if you blow it up you can see the black tear drop alot better.
Theres know northerns in our Province(state) or largemouth.
I want to feel what a largemouth fights like,atleast a 12 hour drive to the closest province or I could get my passport and go to Maine...but the ferry doesn't run anymore:(
Thanks for the replies

Nice job Zum. Any chance you get to make it to Atlanta, I'll be happy to put you on a LM lake.

Just noticed in the night picture,theres acouple mosquitos flying.
Cooling down at nights,had to put my rain jacket/pants on as the flies were crazy.
I got within 5' of a beaver chewing on a sapling next to shore,try'd to get a picture but was in current and couldn't control boat to get a dusk shot.Bats were freaking me out while at night,thought they were going to hit me.Almost hit a racoon on the center line on the way home,seen him dead the next day.My new guide-ons worked great,might put some reflective tape on top,for night.Lost 400 rpms on my motor.probably carb and whats weird theres probably more that happened.I think thats why I like fishing...all the stuff that goes with it.