catfishing with my dad

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggun1979

Reaction score
My dad and i went fishing on the tennessee river sunday. we had a fair day caught about 60 catfish most were 8 to 10 inches but we had 8 or so keepers between 1.5 and 8 pounds. My dad caught the biggest one .We were ancored in 32 feet of water using worms. We were bumping bottom sinker on bottom hook 8 to 10 inchs up.The watter temp was 76 air temp was 88 and the wind was out of the south east . W had a great time not the biggest fish we ever caught but ill tack an day with my dad any time. hope my kids feel the same when they are 30 to

Attachments

• downsized_0530001335.jpg
    downsized_0530001335.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 330
Confession: I have never in my life caught a catfish... Which is crazy because I grew up on a lake that I fished **** near every day. You would think with all the hours I have logged on the water, both as a kid, and an adult, I would have at least caught one by accident by now.

Nice fish though!

a 2 pound cat was my first fish at our famaily pond my mom took me alot befor she married my dad. I have fished all over the world and catfish is still one of my fav.
thanks for looking

We catch a lot of cat's round here.... fun stuff. One of my least favorite feelings is when your holding a good one behind the gills and he flops and barb's ya... ouch :lol: Good catch you got there.

biggun1979 said:
if you take some of that slime on then and rub it were you got cut it will take the burn away
I know this is a little old but I gotta say that is something I'm gonna try. I just recently started pay lake fishing for cat with some family. I haven't got barbed hard yet but I'm sure it will come in do time.