Computer Prob.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tompatt said:
DocWatson said:
Have you tried resetting the resolution to something lower, viewing at the new resolution, and then setting it back to it's original setting ?? Might also try changing the refresh rate and then setting it back. Sometimes it works like a kick in the head to get things back to "normal".

You might also try swapping the monitor with one that is known to work (yours) and see if the behavior is present on that monitor as well. If all is OK when you attach the other monitor then it's the monitor that is bad. Unlikely, but that will eliminate one thing from the equation.

exactly wat i did. when it first wouldnt show on his screen. switched it to mine and it showed. but did that crappy refresh thing. and i put it bak on his and it shows. but does the thing too.

If I'm reading that correctly, you moved his monitor to your system and it worked, but not correctly. You then reconnected it to his system and it worked there as well, but still not correctly.

If this is what you did and his monitor behaved the same on your system as it does on his, then it's most likely a hardware problem with his monitor. Take it back where you bought it if it's only a year old.

DocWatson said:
Tompatt said:
DocWatson said:
Have you tried resetting the resolution to something lower, viewing at the new resolution, and then setting it back to it's original setting ?? Might also try changing the refresh rate and then setting it back. Sometimes it works like a kick in the head to get things back to "normal".

You might also try swapping the monitor with one that is known to work (yours) and see if the behavior is present on that monitor as well. If all is OK when you attach the other monitor then it's the monitor that is bad. Unlikely, but that will eliminate one thing from the equation.

exactly wat i did. when it first wouldnt show on his screen. switched it to mine and it showed. but did that crappy refresh thing. and i put it bak on his and it shows. but does the thing too.

If I'm reading that correctly, you moved his monitor to your system and it worked, but not correctly. You then reconnected it to his system and it worked there as well, but still not correctly.

If this is what you did and his monitor behaved the same on your system as it does on his, then it's most likely a hardware problem with his monitor. Take it back where you bought it if it's only a year old.

no i put mine on his monitor..... and it worked.