Douglas Lake, TN Vacation - Memorial Day Weekend 2009

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G3_Guy

Reaction score
Well the wife and I decided to take a long weekend and stay at a friends cabin up in Muddy Creek. They were not going to be using it and said we could have it if we wanted. We packed up Thursday night, loaded the kids and headed off. We arrived around 8:30pm and begun to unpack. The kids were begging to go fishing but by the time we were finished, it was to late. We ate a bite and went to bed. I told the boys and their cousin we would wake up, eat breakfast and hit the water first thing in the morning... so we did. It was a little slow at the beginning but the bluegills finally started. We caught several that morning while we waited for some more of our family and friends to arrive. The kids had a blast. My buddy Mark came up around noon and we launched the boat and inflated the tube to begin the evening activities. We tubed and fished all evening as the rest of the weekend crew arrived. I was able to catch about a 14" stripe with my hands at the dock... it must have been spawned out or sick as it practically swam right up to me. Later that evening, my youngest landed a snapping turtle on a cricket... talk about some excitement! I landed two LM before dark on a worm. My cousin hooked up on two different LM on a spinnerbait but both of them came unbuttoned at the boat. We ate dinner and then Mark, my cousin and I went out and fished from 10pm-1am. We ended up landing 3 LM with the largest one going 4lbs even (21") that night. She had already spawned... would have loved to have seen what she weighed before. Saturday morning we awoke, ate breakfast and hit the water again. More BG fishing for a while, then more tubing. Some more friends came up that evening as we grilled burgers and dogs and tubed some more. It was a great evening. After everyone had settled down for the night, I took the boat out for myself for about and hour and manged to catch 2 LM... 12-14" each. The next morning we woke up, ate and headed out to visit a church in the area. We got back around 1pm and everyone decided to take a nap. Around 4pm, we headed back out for some more fun on the water, swimming and tubing until dark. Around Midnight Mark, Travis and I headed back out to try our luck again. We finished up around 2:30am and had caught 6 bass (5-LM / 1 SM). All were around the 12-14" mark with the exception of one that went 3lbs I caught around 1am. We headed back in and called it a night. The next day was more of the same... fishing, swimming, grilling, tubing, and all that other fun stuff. We loaded the boat around 7pm and started packing everything up. I finally backed the boat in the garage last night around 10:30pm. It was a great weekend! Thank the good Lord for great friends, family, food, fishing and fun. Below is a link to some of the pics from the weekend. If you get a chance check them out.

https://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z136/G3_Guy/Fishing Pics/TN - Douglas/SEP 25 2009/

Fishing Pattern for the weekend -

BG Before Dark - Crickets 3-4' deep around sunkin trees and bushes
LM Before Dark - T-Rigged Worms and Spinnerbaits
LM After Dark - T-Rigged Worms & Jigs

God Bless & Good Fishing!

Great pics man!!!

You are going to lose your boat to your daughter before you lose your car.... she looks like a natural behind the wheel!

russ010 said:
Great pics man!!!

You are going to lose your boat to your daughter before you lose your car.... she looks like a natural behind the wheel!

Thanks guys!

LOL... that's my little cousin. She came up with us and the boys on Thursday. I'll let her have it though... if she promises to take the payment book with her. :D It was her first time on a boat and she loved it!

Latest posts