draining starve hallow

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Reaction score
checked with DNR it's dam work and killing off the shad.there going to start draining it this week fisherman are allowed to walk in and fish until 11/01/2008.twice the daily limit and no size limit,i think its going to be a while until recovery.but what you going to do ?this will be a good time get out there and see what the bottem lay out is.

When they drained a lake for dam repair here,there was still some deeper pools that hold a few fish.How long is it going to be drained?

The pulled a stunt like that up my way and drained the lake and killed alot of fish in the mean time. They said it was the onlt way to kill off this bacteria that was interfearing with the fish. The thing I didnt get is they took all the muskie, pike and crappy and relocated them into different lakes. Woulnt that be taking a big chance of relocating the bacteria into other waters. Those guys (DNR) are suppose to be smart and I feal that was just about the stupidest thing I ever heard of. Now the lake is a major bass lake. I think someone made alot of money by making up stupid excuses for the big dollar bass fisherman. Dont get me wrong I love bass fishing as much as the next guy but I dont think they went about it right.

That doesn't make sense at all.They just wanted a bass lake,the bacteria thing most of been a cover up story.

i have to admit it's a drastic step but most of the lakes in indiana were built in the 60's and some times dam's need fixed.we have a history of lakes being drained and started over,most of the time over zealous people want big bass fast and intoduce certain bait fish and soon you have a big problem not big bass.i do think that when the water is down durring the repairs they should not allow folks to double there limits,but i trust are DNR and i am sure they know more about our fisheries than i do.they should have it back up by spring or summer.probably about 5 years before 8LB fish are being caught

BD- Thanks for the update. I wish I was able to make it down there to see things & catch some fish. Heck I'd love to be able to go down & cast-net a few hundred of those shad.

I believe it's Jackson County, due east of the Hoosier National Forest.
ST

i think your right on that being jackson co but i reckon the locals are going to beet us to most of the fish,i a'm going in november to check out the bottom i'll probably take a pole.

browndog said:
i think your right on that being jackson co but i reckon the locals are going to beet us to most of the fish,i a'm going in november to check out the bottom i'll probably take a pole.

If ya do....take a camera too :mrgreen: Might not be a bad idea to borrow a metal detector as well.....hard telling what's under the surface waiting to be found....... 8)

ST

Latest posts