DrNip's Weld-Craft 1248 - Hit 32.1 MPH!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finished all that I'm going to do to my boat for now. Just need the motor and then I'm off fishing. I'll tackle the fish finder, electrical and livewell at a later date as well as the flooring. I posted this in another members thread but thought it deserved to be here too. I had to remount my onboard charger due to it making contact with the hull. I'm not found of putting wood in my boat seeing it doesn't have any and something about a cutting board doesn't sit right either. I went with my idea of the nylon car clips and drilled square holes. Believe it or not, it was a breeze and cost under $5. Here is what I did.

Supplies used. Clips were bought at Lowes. They have a 1/4" lip. Stainless steel screws I had already.
Boat 46.jpg
Boat 50.jpg

1st I drilled 3/8" holes and then just squared some corners with this Dremel tool bit.
Boat 47.jpg

Test fit on a scrap piece of aluminum.
Boat 48.jpg
Boat 49.jpg

Boda-bing, boda-boom and finished product. Took all of 10 minutes.
Boat 51.jpg
Boat 52.jpg

I also finally ran the wires for my trolling motor plug and hooked up the onboard charger. Not much to see as the trolling battery and onboard charger are crammed under the casting deck and not being able to take a picture. Trolling motor worked and was really quiet.
Boat 53.jpg
Boat 54.jpg

Thanks for looking. ;)

Well I'm at a lose of words and don't know what to do. Seems now like Evinrude doesn't give a flying flip about my problem along with the dealerships. Nobody will give me a straight answer and everyone involved does nothing but lie, point fingers, not call back and avoid phone calls. This is now the 8th week of what was suppose to take 2 weeks. Every week I am told it is being ordered, shipped, delivered and/or all the above. Last communication I had with Evinrude was an email on Friday with them stating they had tried calling the local dealership I purchased from but they didn't answer the phone so they left a message. I emailed Evinrude back since that last communication but have received no response. We called all dealerships today that are involved with this mess. The Missouri dealership, that I paid the money to, stated they received the tracking number and forwarded it to the local dealership. The local dealership stated they never received the tracking number from the Missouri dealership. They then stated they would call the Missouri dealership and would call us back. Well guess what, they didn't call back. Like this is some big shocker. To make matters worse nobody answered their phones the rest of the day. We have demanded to see proof of purchase and/or tracking number or our money back twice now by phone. We are going down their in person tomorrow but I don't know what that will really accomplish except maybe me getting a free ride to the county jail after I slap somebody asleep. I'm about to start calling Scott Hines In Your Corner, BBB, district attorney, the cops, credit card company and anyone else that will listen. I went with Evinrude because it is made in the USA and I went with a local company to help support Oklahoma residents. Starting to think I should have gone back to Arkansas and purchased a foreign motor. At least over there I din't get treated like this. Any suggestions I am open to.

I feel your pain. I'm going through BS with dealers and Suzuki. It is just not Evinrude that doesn't give a ****. Once they have your $ they don't care anymore.

If you used a CC to pay you may have some recourse. You can dispute the charges and get your money back. It will take a while but I think you will win since its pretty clear they have your money and you don't have a motor.

Well just got back from the local dealership and found out where the problem is. The problem isn't with the local dealership as they provided proof of my money being delivered to the Voyager Boats out of Missouri 8 weeks ago. He got on the speaker phone with them and they immediately wanted to be taken off of it. He stated to them whatever they told him that he was just going to tell us because it is our money they are jacking with. They just BSed him and told him the owner would have to call him when they got in. The local boat shop stated to them they need to wire him back the money today so he can refund me. Immediately after that phone call, the local dealership called Evinrude and they showed the motor hasn't been shipped because they are still waiting for payment from Voyager Boats. So what it looks like is Voyager Boats is having some financial problems and they used my money however they felt they needed too. If my money doesn't get to me this week I am calling the credit card company. It's a shame how my build thread got turned into this.

You have a time limit on when you can get your money back from a CC. So don't mess around and call them and do a charge back. That other company is going to give all kinds of excuses to not give it back till your time runs out. Then you are screwed. Do it today!

i used to work at Voyager boats back in 2007 - 2008! ya they have had issues like this for a long time. i thought they had shut completely down but guess not. also worked at moeller marine from 1999-2007 who made boat seats for voyager and moeller had problems getting paid from them. one of the main owners of voyager owns jacks hardware in camdenton, mo. not sure if i can help out but i am willing to. just contact me.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350736#p350736 said:
heron2000 » 30 Apr 2014, 16:23[/url]"]call the credit card company ASAP - I wouldn't wait till next week - you work hard for that money
I would start the process immediately too, put some pressure on Voyager and protect yourself.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350691#p350691 said:
DrNip » Yesterday, 10:05 am[/url]"]Well just got back from the local dealership and found out where the problem is. The problem isn't with the local dealership as they provided proof of my money being delivered to the Voyager Boats out of Missouri 8 weeks ago. He got on the speaker phone with them and they immediately wanted to be taken off of it. He stated to them whatever they told him that he was just going to tell us because it is our money they are jacking with. They just BSed him and told him the owner would have to call him when they got in. The local boat shop stated to them they need to wire him back the money today so he can refund me. Immediately after that phone call, the local dealership called Evinrude and they showed the motor hasn't been shipped because they are still waiting for payment from Voyager Boats. So what it looks like is Voyager Boats is having some financial problems and they used my money however they felt they needed too. If my money doesn't get to me this week I am calling the credit card company. It's a shame how my build thread got turned into this.

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. I'm curious why the local dealer (aka Fun Boats) didn't order the motor directly from Evinrude? Why go through another dealer?

I forget the terminology Evinrude and Fun Boats used when I talked to them but apparently they don't have an agreement with Evinrude to purchase stand alone motors from them. They have to purchase through a dealership that can. Maybe someone else can chime in on the proper terminology.

Well just got word that I can swing by the dealership and pick up a refund check tomorrow. I have the believe it when I see it attitude going on as I have been lied to at least 10 times throughout this whole process. Also the credit card company has been contacted and we have started the dispute process. I pray they just give me my money tomorrow.

Good luck! I'm just sorry you had such a crappy experience. I hope the money becomes available to you fast enough to go elsewhere and get a motor before winter!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350839#p350839 said:
panFried » 48 minutes ago[/url]"]Good luck! I'm just sorry you had such a crappy experience. I hope the money becomes available to you fast enough to go elsewhere and get a motor before winter!

Ahhhhhh don't say by winter! lol

Just got back from the dealership and the owner credited my credit card back out of his own pocket!!! He stated he still hadn't received the money back from Voyager boats and that they weren't answering his phone calls. In addition he stated he wasn't ever doing business with this company again. I appreciate everyone's support, listening to me and allowing me to vent. Great group of people here.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=350962#p350962 said:
DrNip » 02 May 2014, 10:27[/url]"]Just got back from the dealership and the owner credited my credit card back out of his own pocket!!! He stated he still hadn't received the money back from Voyager boats and that they weren't answering his phone calls. In addition he stated he wasn't ever doing business with this company again. I appreciate everyone's support, listening to me and allowing me to vent. Great group of people here.

better news. whats your back up plan now?

Just for grins I'm on my way to BPS to price their Merc's. Most likely I'll be traveling to Arkansas to get an Evinrude or Tohatsu.

Get the evinrude thought out of your mind and get to pricing the Mercury,Tohatsu, and Yamaha outboards.
STAY AWAY FROM EVINRUDE!