Fishing License

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A neighbor has property in an adjoining state and gets a state ID with his other property. A state cannot refuse a fishing license for lack of a drivers license as long as you have a valid state ID. Just a suggestion...
Went down that avenue when I moved to WV 8 years ago MD will only give me a state ID if I prove I live there. I can easily meet their burdens of proof the caveat is that MD will prosecute me for claiming to live in the state when I indeed don't. Would they find out probably not but wouldn't be hard to prove with tax records and vehicle registrations. The juice just isn't worth the squeeze especially with MD that state will invent ways to fine or tax you. Hell they taxed the rain!

Back when I had homes in three states, FL wanted $117.50 for fresh and saltwater fishing licenses with a Snook permit. Even though I lived there half the year, they went by my SS # and as soon as I gave them that it showed I already had a DL in another state and they would not give me a state ID, but would transfer my DL to FL. Since my job requires me to have a NJ DL, that's not an option. I also have a place in PA and they want $75 for a license with trout permit because they consider me a non-resident even though I've lived there most of my life.

Md gets almost $200 a year for me to hunt my own property. I live in WV but still have property in MD so they charge me for being a non resident to hunt my own land. Luckily only md waters I fish are the upper potomac which has recipicrocity with wv and The Chesapeake bay and its tributaries where I lisc the boat for fishing.
Thats BS ! if your paying tax's on that property you should be considered a resident you own it you pay tax's on it i mean common! NYS SAME WAY> THAT MONEY GOES TO THAT STATE IT DOES NOT GO BACK TO WHERE YOU REST YOUR umm !As you see this type of issue get me riled !!!!!!GOTA WATCH MY WORDS

Back when I had homes in three states, FL wanted $117.50 for fresh and saltwater fishing licenses with a Snook permit. Even though I lived there half the year, they went by my SS # and as soon as I gave them that it showed I already had a DL in another state and they would not give me a state ID, but would transfer my DL to FL. Since my job requires me to have a NJ DL, that's not an option. I also have a place in PA and they want $75 for a license with trout permit because they consider me a non-resident even though I've lived there most of my life.
THEY DONT GOT NOTHIN WITH HEAD SPINNIN AROUND IN CIRCLES HERE SO I'LL JUST SITT HERE AND SAY whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttt////////////////????????????????????

Thats BS ! if your paying tax's on that property you should be considered a resident you own it you pay tax's on it i mean common! NYS SAME WAY> THAT MONEY GOES TO THAT STATE IT DOES NOT GO BACK TO WHERE YOU REST YOUR umm !As you see this type of issue get me riled !!!!!!GOTA WATCH MY WORDS
Oh it infuriates me..I've cursed and threatened to sell the farm because of all the taxes and bs MD puts me through for having it there. If it didn't generate the income it does I already would have.

Iheard of a hand ful of folks say in the 70 somethin yrs they been alive hey neve had a fishin license & dont plan on buying one &that went for huntin as well. they take ony what they need nothin more !

Iheard of a hand ful of folks say in the 70 somethin yrs they been alive hey neve had a fishin license & dont plan on buying one &that went for huntin as well. they take ony what they need nothin more !
Now being myluck me tryin that my butt be payin a fine & doin some time > nah nah nah i wont take that type of chance

Oh it infuriates me..I've cursed and threatened to sell the farm because of all the taxes and bs MD puts me through for having it there. If it didn't generate the income it does I already would have.
is any thing like NY WHERE YOU HAVE TO STAY AT LEAST 6 MONTHS OUT OF YEAR TO BE CONSIDERED RESIDENT?

is any thing like NY WHERE YOU HAVE TO STAY AT LEAST 6 MONTHS OUT OF YEAR TO BE CONSIDERED RESIDENT?
Worse...MD wants every vehicle I own tagged inspected and insured there my dl changed and probably some other bs to cost me an arm and a leg. When I moved to WV our car insurance was cut in half just to give you an idea. Tags on a truck in md $180 a yr WV $60 ...trailer tags I think are $150 a yr in md... WV is $50 for a lifetime plate...I've lived in lots of Places MD is the worst I've experienced when it comes to taxes and such.

Worse...MD wants every vehicle I own tagged inspected and insured there my dl changed and probably some other bs to cost me an arm and a leg. When I moved to WV our car insurance was cut in half just to give you an idea. Tags on a truck in md $180 a yr WV $60 ...trailer tags I think are $150 a yr in md... WV is $50 for a lifetime plate...I've lived in lots of Places MD is the worst I've experienced when it comes to taxes and such.
Crazy My step son lived there for a bit while stationed in military now he's in LA AS ONE OF THEIR FINEST / he really didn't boast to much about the state either and me & sig nif other really never wanted to visit the state . im beginning to see why lmao!

Crazy My step son lived there for a bit while stationed in military now he's in LA AS ONE OF THEIR FINEST / he really didn't boast to much about the state either and me & sig nif other really never wanted to visit the state . im beginning to see why lmao!
It's a shame the eastern shore and western parts of the state are beautiful. Just stay out of the center of it.

I asked our DFW why the extremely high license fees compared to every other state, and why no senior discount. I also asked why a lifetime license for a 72 year old was the same price as that for a 9 year old. They said state law requires they charge what they charge and new legislation would be needed. Sooooo, I asked my state rep's to share their opinions. I doubt I'll ever see a response.

If you are an illegal alien, you could probably get all the free fishing and hunting you want. They give them everything and then some. When you go to the license place, just yell refuge and see if you get at least a discount.
I try not to get political but have u seen the latest on the TX border? God bless Texas!

If you are an illegal alien, you could probably get all the free fishing and hunting you want. They give them everything and then some. When you go to the license place, just yell refuge and see if you get at least a discount.

That is why my fees are high. Got to pay for all that free stuff somehow. :)

I guess the best bet is to become a politician, then you can do, go anywhere and anytime and just call it an expense for the taxpayers to pay !!
THAT, sir, is entirely dependent on whether you have any standards of personal conduct. If you have low standards of conduct, then you do all those things you mentioned, sucking up taxpayer dollars, and don't feel guilty doing it. IF, however, you maintain a high level of personal standards of conduct, then you don't even consider doing such things, and you won't have to account for your actions at some later date.

But I digress.....this is getting too close to political discourse, and I shall refrain from pursuing such.

Just my opine.....Roger