Frigging Snowing here

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tell ya. Winter is horrible. It was an incredibly low 35 here today. This is friggin crazy.

Makes being a boat owner a royal PITA too. I mean, now, when I get home from the lake, I actually have to tilt the motor down to store it, so water drains out. I mean what a pain..... :evil: :evil: :x

:D :D :D :D Ain't y'all jealous. :lol:

bassboy1 said:
Ain't y'all jealous. :lol:

Maybe you can be the jealous one when I'm sitting in my toasty warm ice fishing shelter sipping hot cocoa (with mini marshmallows) catching Blugills, Crappie and Walleye through the ice this winter. :wink:

flounderhead59 said:
bassboy1 said:
Ain't y'all jealous. :lol:

Maybe you can be the jealous one when I'm sitting in my toasty warm ice fishing shelter sipping hot cocoa (with mini marshmallows) catching Blugills, Crappie and Walleye through the ice this winter. :wink:
I can't run and gun on the ice.......

If soft plastics bore me, imagine what jigging something through the same 8 inch hole all morning would do.....

bassboy1 said:
I can't run and gun on the ice.......

If soft plastics bore me, imagine what jigging something through the same 8 inch hole all morning would do.....

I was just funning with you. However we do the run and gun thing too. Maybe a little more planning goes into it. I've seen where ssome guys will drill 30-40 holes and jig one for a few minutes and move on. The most holes I've drilled in an outing was about 20. I limited my moving around because I didn't have an ATV or a gas powered auger. Still no gas auger but I've got the ATV now.

All morning is what it takes to make the hole in the ice - try all day jigging through the same set of holes (most guys run a series until they find the fish.

But the fight is unbelievable, drag burning runs and you have not lived until you have seen a yellow perch bust the surface through the ice to hake a Hula Popper :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Are those this years pictures?
You guys can keep it,I know it's coming but I can wait.

Man, I was stoked at the thought of getting a foot powered trolling motor.... Now I am getting depressed.

Latest posts