Great now my hours are getting cut!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JamesM56alum said:
K question i owe the state of minnesota 5k for unemployment because the company i worked for that laid me off previously held my last check which was only 120 bucks for PTO i didnt know i had, they sent it to me almost 6 months after i was laid off then i get a letter from the state of minnesota stating i have to repay back every cent of unemployment i collected in that time between me being laid off an me reciving the check because they claim i was employed during that time because i reviced that is there anything i can do to fight this ? I even talked to a lawyer about it and it's not something they can touch so apparently it's writen in stone and im "SOL" man iv had nothing but problems since i'v moved till this pos state, i hate it here this state is aboslutely worthless in every way, the weather suck the people are assholes too many people from over seas that cant speak english traffic sucks cost of living is unreal an the government does it's best to bend ya over an shove it balls deep.

God i cant wait to get out of this freaking state!

Find another lawyer.
Simple solution, show them your W2's and do the math. hours you worked X your hourly wage will equal your earnings for the year. No doubt all of that information is already on your W2's. Plus, did you save your pay stubs? That will show how many hours you worked each week, and which weeks you didn't collect any pay, no pay stub. Total the hours on your pay stubs, it will total the hours on the W2. Now show them the weeks of the paychecks. Bring a paper calendar and X the weeks out in front of them. Nothing more conviencing than facts they can't dispute.
Then again, your employer must provide employment dates, ask for them and make sure you get it in writing.
One last thing, you have the right to a copy of your employee file. Your employer must provide you a copy of every doument in that file. REquest it, and request a copy of your weekly paystubs for ervery week you worked.
Find another lawyer.

One last thing. The state of Florida will not extradite you to Minnisota becuase of a state tax bill.

JamesM56alum said:
K question i owe the state of minnesota 5k for unemployment because the company i worked for that laid me off previously held my last check which was only 120 bucks for PTO i didnt know i had, they sent it to me almost 6 months after i was laid off then i get a letter from the state of minnesota stating i have to repay back every cent of unemployment i collected in that time between me being laid off an me reciving the check because they claim i was employed during that time because i reviced that is there anything i can do to fight this ? I even talked to a lawyer about it and it's not something they can touch so apparently it's writen in stone and im "SOL" man iv had nothing but problems since i'v moved till this pos state, i hate it here this state is aboslutely worthless in every way, the weather suck the people are assholes too many people from over seas that cant speak english traffic sucks cost of living is unreal an the government does it's best to bend ya over an shove it balls deep.

God i cant wait to get out of this freaking state!

Give me a call or send me an email through our web site if you like