Help..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks normal for your setup. If it doesn't ventilate and there is enough in the water to steer, its normal for your setup I'd say..

K because i know i read somewhere like for every inch the plate sets back the motor you need to go 2 inches up. I just took a level and aligned the cav plate. I think its up like 3" higher then original tho.

Sent from Mossy Oak Swamp Bottom

You'll need to give it a try now and see how it handles on the water. Adjust as necessary.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ran perfect! No leaks either! That 15 dollar 3m sealant is worth the money!!

Congrats. Glad to know that you got this figured out with a good fix. It's always nice to know that the equipment is right so that you can spend your time with the fishing.

Yes thank you! I bet the dealer will void my 5 year hull warranty and 3 year motor warranty because i had to install my motor correctly.

Let's hope you never have to find out. My riveted Lowe hull is 32 years old and has never leaked a drop and it's never been garaged. Of course this is it's first year with a jet on it so it's not likely to make it another 32 years :)

beagler1 said:
K because i know i read somewhere like for every inch the plate sets back the motor you need to go 2 inches up. I just took a level and aligned the cav plate. I think its up like 3" higher then original tho.

IIRC it's 1" up for every 4" of set back. or .250" up for every 1.00" back.

Well my cav plate was perfect when i didnt have a jackplate. Im sure with that jackplate i think its 4" setback, i had to raise it about 3"