Ho Ho Ho! What did you get for Christmas?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t ask for anything and don’t need or want anything that I would expect someone to buy for me.

The wife and kids just get cash from me because I don’t do well with Christmas shopping. The frantic shoppers, traffic, long lines and excessive Christmas music is a real turn off for me. I’m not a Scrooge, just think it has gotten way to commercialized and many people have forgotten the true meaning of Christmas.

I wish you and your families a Merry Christmas! I hope you can spend some time with your friends and family. Have a meal together, share some stories, do something nice for someone.

My wife bought me a 50 dollar Cabala gift card, T-shirts, Guinness World Records 2024 book, lottery tickets and other stocking stuffers. But the best one is the Rossi R95 30-30 lever rifle. I purchased it on her behalf because she has no license and you can't buy a firearm without it. I picked it up before Christmas on sale. She's the best.

At my age, I have pretty much what I want or need. Mostly gift cards is what I get. I save them and when I find something I really want or need...the money is there ! I also give cash as presents so folks can get whatever they want. Wife is dissabled so shopping is difficult at best. The family does get little things to open to have fun with. When I needed a new house battery for my boat last summer, no problem, still had 150 dollars in gift cards from two christmas's back....

Well my stepson bought me a nice bottle of Dickel Barrel Select bourbon and his new girlfriend enjoyed one with me. She’s a keeper. Left a few fresh $100 bills on the tree and my shopping was done. The house got a new dishwasher.

The smoked prime rib came out pretty good. Smoked it on pecan wood. Speaking of pecan it’s time to enjoy a slice of pecan pie. Will sleep late tomorrow.

Last edited:
At my age, I have pretty much what I want or need. Mostly gift cards is what I get. I save them and when I find something I really want or need...the money is there !

For a few years now kids have been getting me gift cards for Bass Pro Shop. The nearest store is about an hour away. Fun to spend a few hours walking around buying things I probably wouldn't otherwise.

For a few years now kids have been getting me gift cards for Bass Pro Shop. The nearest store is about an hour away. Fun to spend a few hours walking around buying things I probably wouldn't otherwise.
Unfortunately, my BassPro is only a few miles into town, so I visit often. What is even worse is I have a FinFurFeather just down the road from BP....temptations are extrememly strong !! My wife says I should start going to meetings a couple times a week to help with my addiction !

LOML and I are off the Christmas gift wagon, and have been for a number of years. We get what we want when we want. We didn't even put up a tree this year.

Next year will probably be different. Our daughter is expecting our first grandchild in April. Expect that grandmas on both sides will turn into absolute Christmas terrors as they spoil that baby.

LOML and I are off the Christmas gift wagon, and have been for a number of years. We get what we want when we want. We didn't even put up a tree this year.

Next year will probably be different. Our daughter is expecting our first grandchild in April. Expect that grandmas on both sides will turn into absolute Christmas terrors as they spoil that baby.

Mrs Ldubs and I stopped exchanging gift years ago. We kind of got to the point of "go buy what you want". We also stopped putting up the tree and decorations. When the grandkids started arriving I had to go dig all that stuff out of the storage shed.

Congrats on the grandchild. Christmas is a special time of year of the little urchins. Best put the nonbreakable ornaments on the lower branches. Haha.

Grandkids are the best!

I got one of these too. Anybody ever use one?

Attachments

• Gerber Gutsy 01.jpg
    Gerber Gutsy 01.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Gerber Gutsy 02.jpg
    Gerber Gutsy 02.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts