Houston at our house, for anyone who cares....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for asking. I am still in Tennessee, but my daughter did a walk-through on Friday and picked up our mail (first mail in a week).

All is well and the interior of the house doesn't show any damage. No damage outside either, according to her and two of my neighbors. We were blessed, as were our neighbors. A friend who lives less than a mile away recorded 43 inches of rain. He didn't suffer any damage either!

Just a matter of a mile or two and there is complete devastation. The weather spared us and we are thankful.

richg99

Stumpalump said:
Harvey is so yesterday.... Irma is coming and I hear she is Hawt!

Time to batten down the hatches here!

We haven't had one in our area since '05

Not looking forward too it, we have a yard full of huge live oaks.

John

Yep, Irma looks like she might be headed for ALL of Florida. That State gets hit often enough, but I've never seen one start on the South end and then run all of the way to the North end.

The fact that, if she did that, she'd be pointing right at Tennessee.... has me interested, too.

How far away is December first?

richg99

Stumpalump you must not live in Texas, those people don't think it is so yesterday. They are still living it.....:(

Fire1386 said:
Stumpalump you must not live in Texas, those people don't think it is so yesterday. They are still living it.....:(
Understood. 10% of Huston is a lot of people. It's 2nd or 3rd to NYC as far as population so that's a lot of people affected. I keep up with Yellowstone out here because it's rumbling. The largest and most earthquakes in 30 years are happening now, huge swarm of quakes nearby in Soda Springs Idaho going on right now, the head Volcanologist/Geologist at Yellowstone for 15 years quit last week, NASA developed a plan this year to mitigate the pressure and chance for eruption and the ground around it has risen 3". Hurricanes will seem like a sneeze compaired to that ******* if it blows.

Rich, I'm glad your Texas home is dry. News reports put the thing in a catastrophic category.
Be well, safe, and dry.

=D>

I keep up with Yellowstone out here because it's rumbling. The largest and most earthquakes in 30 years are happening now, huge swarm of quakes nearby in Soda Springs Idaho going on right now, the head Volcanologist/Geologist at Yellowstone for 15 years quit last week, NASA developed a plan this year to mitigate the pressure and chance for eruption and the ground around it has risen 3". Hurricanes will seem like a sneeze compaired to that ******* if it blows.[/quote]

Interesting, hear that mentioned on occasion but not too much, if that sucker blows the resulting damage will be cataclysmic.