How about a "Tip of the Week" thread?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This idea I got from Doc Lange. It uses styrofoam pool noodles, 2- 1/2" CPVC caps, and a piece of 1/2" CPVC pipe ( I make mine alittle differently than Doc).

Pretty self-explanitory, drill a hole in the caps for the line, trim the rod-end of the float at a taper to ease retrival. These are basically large slip-floats, and I use the same stops I do for crappie floats, but you have to use a bead between the stop & the float.

I use these for suspending bait for catfishing. Be sure you use a bright color noodle to see them on the water. I also use rubberbands & attach a glow-stick for night fishing.

If you look close, you'll see some line tied through the float. I do this when assembling them, so I can just tie my line to it & pull it through while rigging a float. I also still use a large swivel under the float.

ST

PNB-1.jpg

PNB-2.jpg

They fit perfect in a Pringles Potato Chip Can. I store them in the boat this way.
PNB-3.jpg

SlimeTime said:
This idea I got from Doc Lange. It uses styrofoam pool noodles, 2- 1/2" CPVC caps, and a piece of 1/2" CPVC pipe ( I make mine alittle differently than Doc).

Pretty self-explanitory, drill a hole in the caps for the line, trim the rod-end of the float at a taper to ease retrival. These are basically large slip-floats, and I use the same stops I do for crappie floats, but you have to use a bead between the stop & the float.

I use these for suspending bait for catfishing. Be sure you use a bright color noodle to see them on the water. I also use rubberbands & attach a glow-stick for night fishing.

If you look close, you'll see some line tied through the float. I do this when assembling them, so I can just tie my line to it & pull it through while rigging a float. I also still use a large swivel under the float.

ST

PNB-1.jpg

PNB-2.jpg

They fit perfect in a Pringles Potato Chip Can. I store them in the boat this way.
PNB-3.jpg

looks pretty cool.. but i feel like an idiot to ask this question! but what do you use this for?? (scratching my head)

it is used for catfishing. Juglining with these instead of jugs. You hang bait on the bottom and when they take off you have a fish :D

Back when I fished for bream (I probably ought to do that again - ain't done it in a while) we would get bot crickets and nightcrawlers. The nightcrawler tub would fit perfectly in the top of the cricket cage, and the lip around the tub would keep it from falling through. Plus made it easier to carry both at once.

kemical said:
looks pretty cool.. but i feel like an idiot to ask this question! but what do you use this for?? (scratching my head)

SlimeTime said:

I use them on a rod & reel, it's just a larger float capable of supporting larger/live baits. As mentioned, alot of guys use them in place of jugs for float fishing.

ST

i make flagging jugs i take a noddle cut it at sixteen inches then i take some half inch pvc pipe cut it twenty six inches glue a cap on one end put some glue on the last sixteen inches and push the pipe through the float till about two inches is left out on top.cut a piece of rebar about five inches long put it in the bottom pipe then glue on the bottom cap theen drill a small hole through the bottom end camp and screw in a small eyebolt.then rig it wwith what ever line you want .when a fish hits these the rebar will slide down and th jug will stand straight up

Latest posts