I feel for you northerners.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-17 with the wind chill earlier this week in Madison. There's a guy in the basement as I type trying to fix the furnace. It's 59 in here!

You get use to it, we have had -5 or colder every day for a few weeks now, snow for awhile....tonight i was out for a hour walk, wasn't to bad...-10 maybe feeling like -15 give or take....big factor is the wind, gets chilly when it feels like it's in the mid -20's

Ah well, every day i read the weather channel and its cold im happy, makes for good ice and better fishing.

Snow? Ice? Ice houses? What is this stuff ya'll speak of? :roll:

It rained today, coldest day we had in a while, high was 63F, low this eve around 54F...AZ winters gents, that's what it's all about. :wink:

Now, come July/August when it's +115F, that's when ya'll beat us hands down. #-o

Well, it's warmed up and it looks like we might escape on time and make it back to sunny Florida. I love cold weather, but it's been pretty trying being cooped up here. I've gotten out some, bit there is not a lot to do.

I appreciate all the responses, they have helped keep me entertained.

I still don't think I'll be ice fishing anytime soon.

Flatsdaddy said:
Well, it's warmed up and it looks like we might escape on time and make it back to sunny Florida. I love cold weather, but it's been pretty trying being cooped up here. I've gotten out some, bit there is not a lot to do.

It seems a lot of you guys are from the US, I'll post some Ice fishing reports up as the trips happen. I fish for Northern Pike and Big Perch through the ice. Will most likely get out this season for Lake Trout too on Simcoe.

12_Tinner said:
Flatsdaddy said:

It seems a lot of you guys are from the US, I'll post some Ice fishing reports up as the trips happen. I fish for Northern Pike and Big Perch through the ice. Will most likely get out this season for Lake Trout too on Simcoe.

I'll try any fishing at least once.

Maybe we can organize a site wide fishing trip swap. I'll take someone out for trout and redfish in exchange for ice fishing.

Flatsdaddy said:
Maybe we can organize a site wide fishing trip swap. I'll take someone out for trout and redfish in exchange for ice fishing.

I'd be down to share some hot spots with my TB brothern. You can almost fish all year here in AZ. The Valley (metro Phoenix) gets pretty unbearable from April-September, but the mountain lakes are only 2hrs away and 30-40 degrees cooler. The "local lakes" are good from October-March...although the water temps make for few bites.

There used to be a "member map" feature in the New Member Introductions thread, but it never worked when I tried it. I understand that some people may prefer anonymity, but I'd be willing to "opt in" in hopes to find TB regulars in my local area.

Any Mods willing to take on the cause?
[-o<

Well, I'd like to thank everyone for all the support while I was trapped in an icy hell with my inlaws.

My father in law wrecked our car (sure I can get it up the ice covered driveway), I twisted my ankle on the ice, I was trapped inside for days on end with my wife's family. We made it home to Florida today and I couldn't be happier.

I don't think I'll be moving a significant distance north anytime soon.