Is it just my wife?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
redbug said:
this was a christmas gift from my wife

nuff said

Sure it was, does she know that? :mrgreen:

Friend of #2 son announced to his fiance that she will get a ring after he gets a Harley. Next time I saw him I said do you realize she is expecting a ring of equal value to the Harley. He looks at me with blank dumb look, like he never thought of that, and said. NOooo, really? I smiled and said yep. If you give her anything less in value it means you don't value her love as much as your bike. #-o

Hanr3 rocks.

I took my wife to Bass Pro and we looked at the boats. At minimum entry price of $12k, $15-18k for what I wanted, she didn't really say much when I spent $800 (about the tax on a new one) for a fixer upper. I figure with electronics (sold a gun to buy), new troller, replacement engine, repairs and such, I spent about $1,800 net. So for about 10% of the price of a new one, I made what I wanted and it already has 'character'.

She doesn't like that I go fishing, but when I take a kid along, she never complains. And those kids are getting to be good little fishermen... the oldest outfished me one day!
She doesn't like that I used to buy $50 worth of lures every 2/3 weeks, but now that I'm learning crappie fishing, that has gone down to $20 or so every few weeks. I tell her I need to buy more because the kids lost the expensive ones :)

azekologi said:
wasilvers said:
...lures...I tell her I need to buy more because the kids lost the expensive ones :)

:idea: I am SO using that one next time I stock up! =D>

Cafefull with it, kids will provide a complete fishing report, right down to the number of lures lost. The only thing they dont know is the value of the lures, unless you let it "slip". She who is will put two and two together, and if the numbers don't add up, it sure won't be the kids who get into trouble. :mrgreen:

MY SOON TO BE GETS HER KITCHEN FIRST THEN I GET EITHER A NEW BOAT OR A PROJECT CAR, BUT ITS NOT FAIR CAUSE I DONT ENJOY COOKING BUT SHE WILL ENJOY THE BOAT,AND OR A CAR, MAYBE I CAN SLIP BOTH BY HER??? POSSIBLE [-o<

BOB350RX said:
MY SOON TO BE GETS HER KITCHEN FIRST THEN I GET EITHER A NEW BOAT OR A PROJECT CAR, BUT ITS NOT FAIR CAUSE I DONT ENJOY COOKING BUT SHE WILL ENJOY THE BOAT,AND OR A CAR, MAYBE I CAN SLIP BOTH BY HER??? POSSIBLE [-o<

But you'll enjoy the food she has coming out of the new kitchen, right? :wink:

I like to buy fixer-uppers and flip them for profit. Its a lot of fun searching out good deals, cleaning them up, using them a bit, then selling for a profit.

It does take a lot of time and the driveway is always cluttered (currently have two canoes, a 1542, and my Jeep sitting in the driveway).

The wife complains from time to time, but I try to keep things cleaned up ... balance my time with her and the boats ... and always - ALWAYS - give her a cut of the profits. Handing the wife a couple hundred in cash every few months goes a LONG way :lol: :lol:

azekologi said:
BOB350RX said:

WHOS SIDE YOU ON???????? :LOL2:

BOB350RX said:
azekologi said:
BOB350RX said:

WHOS SIDE YOU ON???????? :LOL2:

=D> :mrgreen:

MrSimon said:
I like to buy fixer-uppers and flip them for profit. Its a lot of fun searching out good deals, cleaning them up, using them a bit, then selling for a profit.

It does take a lot of time and the driveway is always cluttered (currently have two canoes, a 1542, and my Jeep sitting in the driveway).

The wife complains from time to time, but I try to keep things cleaned up ... balance my time with her and the boats ... and always - ALWAYS - give her a cut of the profits. Handing the wife a couple hundred in cash every few months goes a LONG way :lol: :lol:

Your MY hero!