I've noticed/ UPDATE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so my pc's have been running good since this post, I admit I have been visiting a fish place again that i have suspected before and last night a few guys was complaining about the site acting funny, today, about 10 minutes go I was on there again just browsing and my avast popped up a warning that it just blocked a mal-ware attempt :shock:

is it possible that they could be giving out mal-ware or is it more complicated than that? They do have alot og google adds on there?

A fella was told he already had a virus, thats why he's getting the warnings?

Why does it always happen when Im on that site? It never has happened here on tinboats or other forums, is he trying to blow smoke up the whazoo?

FishingBuds said:
A fella was told he already had a virus, thats why he's getting the warnings?

Why does it always happen when Im on that site? It never has happened here on tinboats or other forums, is he trying to blow smoke up the whazoo?

Possibly!

You will never see those stupid google ads and other random banner advertisements here.

So it is true that you can get infected by google adds? Im not getting a straight answer when I ask over there, yea I know its complicted, but you can get infected then?

Thanks guys, & Jim for the clean site 8)

FishingBuds said:
So it is true that you can get infected by google adds? Im not getting a straight answer when I ask over there, yea I know its complicted, but you can get infected then?

I would say no you can not get "infected" by a google ad, but nothing is impossible. You will never know. But to immediately come out and say it is "you and your PC" when it happens to a few people at that site is BS in my opinion.

Malware and Viruses are just a Pain in the rear.

I update Malware Bytes every few days and run a full scan. I got nothing to lose and the Laptop is on 23 hours per day so I kick it off before I go to bed. I recommend it.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

FishingBuds said:

It's possible to be infected by a Google ad, but that has nothing to do with Google and probably not even with the person or company that placed the ad. Websites are often hacked and then infected by various methods. One of the newer methods is to place an infected pixel in a picture, ad or even in the site's background image and when your cursor passes over the pixel (one color dot) it passes on the infection. This type of infection can be in documents, images, emails or anywhere else. The only defense is to keep all your protections up to date and use multiple layers of protection.

I use Malwarebytes, avast AV, Spybot S&D and Spywareblaster and haven't had anything get by them in many years.

Latest posts