Just my thinking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ranchhero50
I am looking at your build and mine is easy to what you are doing. You are doing a great job from what i see. I only wish i had the skills u have. As i have no clue as to to what i am doing.But i am using rivets and ss screws both so what needs to be taken apart can.
cavman

hello all
i have not posted lately because i have not did no work on my boat.But i have did some in the past few days and will post pic. In the morning i just don't want to make a mistake as with alum it cost.and i am not sure if my thinking is right.I just want to finish this and get it on the water.
mike

OK I know i said i would post pic this morning but at 7:30 am this morning i got a call that i have been waiting on.My uncle called to say that my cousin that i don't know very well would do my welding on my boat that i need bad for front deck.What i did was take right down there (1 hr away) as soon as i get it back i will post pics.

loggerhead mike

EAST TN ,KNOX :) :) :)

OK i know i have said and said i would post pics. well here they are this is of the framing for front deck.After getting it back from having the welding done for the 1 1/2 l on the existing front deck.Let me know what you think about it.Made a trip to bass pro sun and got my lights set poles and a few other things ,great store until you check out $$$$.It hurts!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IM000850.JPG
    IM000850.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 2,388
  • IM000852.JPG
    IM000852.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 2,388
  • IM000851.JPG
    IM000851.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 2,388
  • IM000853.JPG
    IM000853.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,388
Ok this mod is over i was doing this in hopes off my best friend and me being able to get back as we was as little kids.That is days go by. SO i will park in back yard untill my interest starts up Aegean.

GOOD BYE
CAVEMAN

I would not stop and I would not allow a disfunctional old friendship to screw things up with your current life. get the boat done and take your wife out on warm evenings. They make great swim and fish platforms. Throw a blanket up under the bow and make a cuddle nest once the night come out and watch the stars for a bit before coming home. The best part of being on the water is relaxing on the water.

Friends come and go.

Jamie

that is goin to be a sweet boat, dont give up now. i know how you feel about the old friendship situation. like ranchero said, dont let that stop you.

I agree with you guys.I wouldn't quite now.If nothing else you could sell it.People around here have been paying really high prices for basic jon boats.A unit like that would really bring some money in.

Ok i just hit a bump in the road and am back at it agaign.Let first say that it is very hard to do this alone.Made some head way this weekend.can start to see results and things come together.After haveing some more weilding done on frount deck it was time to put deck down.The frount deck is 3/16 alum supported by 1x1 tube and 1.5x1.5 l.It is heald in place by 1/4 20 x1 ss bolts,lock washers,nuts all ss.seat mount is bolted with 2" 1/4 20 ss.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,660
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,660
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,660
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,660
Man ...levels,squares,rulers,straight lines:)
Your doing great,nice work.
Be catching fish in know time.

Tonight i decided i had to much movement in my rear fishing set,reworked and still not sure need put in water to see.It moves about 2 or 3 degrees but with boat in water will this be noticeable?????
I plan on a test run this week.

caveman said:
Tonight i decided i had to much movement in my rear fishing set,reworked and still not sure need put in water to see.It moves about 2 or 3 degrees but with boat in water will this be noticeable?????
I plan on a test run this week.

Not being a jerk, but whats a rear fishing set?

Yes it is seat,rear pole seat,my spelling is not good or is my typing.I didn't post pics. because i want to test before i give bad advise as i did last time. On this setup works great on my low mount seats,but not for the ones on 11/12"poles #-o
Thank for asking. mike

Looken great caveman, I know what ya mean when you say ya need an extra hand on it :lol: The project isn't easy but you'll be glad ya finished it when its done, hang in there :wink: