Just my thinking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome dude. Your doing it right, take your time, when money allows. Keep the pictures coming.

I really like what you've done Caveman; the boat looks great and the best thing is that you can work on it at your own pace. Keep up the great work, can't wait to see more!

I really like what you're doing with your boat Caveman. It will be a real nice rig when you finish. Do you prefer your trolling motor on the transom? I used a little 17lb Minn Kota on mine last year and found that it would pull the boat twice as fast and use less battery. It was hard to operate because it was so short but it worked alot better. I bought a foot controlled this past winter but haven't mounted it on my boat. I may not even like it since I have never used one. Anyways, keep up the good work and keep the photos coming. =D>

yes i work slow and the weather is just now starting to get nice so i hope to start back at it again soon.

As far as the TM i want to move it to the bow but i got it before i put the deck on and i messed up.

I hope to be able to post some new pics soon.

Caveman your boat is amazing. the attention to detail and craftsmanship is awesome! I right with you as far as working slow. I started my conversion in 08 and still working on it. Now after seeing your thread i really want to replace all my wood with aluminum and skin the ribs like you have done.
Thanks for the great thread keep up the good work!
Josh

Long time reader, first time to post. I am resurrecting this thread to get some long term feedback on the seat mount. I like how the seat was mounted as shown on page 1 and would like to do something similar. It has been suggested that I cut a hole in the back of the bench seat, dig out the foam and put in a one piece backer plate but I am concerned about the structural intergrity of the bench seat.

So if Caveman's method is holding up well, I may use his idea of a two piece backer, inserted through the top. Any one else do something similar or have any guidance? I'm open to ideas from the brain trust. Thank you,