Just my thinking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all that are looking and posting .
Tonight i rewired the boat as i can't make up my mind as how i want it to work this is the 3rd time. I used #6 for motor start/charge. and #6 for TM /then rewired nav lights,bilge pump.After test this week i will post pic.
mike

Well i haven't been able to get her in the water but tonight alot of water is getting in her.I was going to take out today but Friday i noticed the drain plug was leaking so i went to bp shop and got a new one well it was one of one size fits all and it was worse that the old one.So i will go back to place i got the boat and try to get factory one SAT.Was able to get a and i mean a little work done ,front deck supports,and some on battery box.By the way has any every used nut rivets? If so how did the work /hold up? Here is pic. of the boat getting all those metal shavings out. LOL

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 2,219
I use rivnuts at work and they hold up very well, but I beleive they are steel and might be bad against alum. They also take a special gun to install them. Now that I think more about it we use them in aluminum and there is never a problem but I dont know how they would hold up in wet situations. I think will take one with me next time out and dunk it in the water with a screw in it to see what happens.

You can get aluminum rivnuts but plusnuts will be better for thin gauge stuff if you can find them. Triton used rivnuts to install the bow mount for my trolling motor and they pulled out after 4 months of use. There just isn't enough grip area on them in thin aluminum.

Thanks for replies
i used them on the l angle for battery box not alot of stress or support here just to hold in place. i may change ?sense neg reviews. This is the first time i have used them but i will know more when it is in the water.
thanks all for in put as this is what i need.
mike
Got new plug and i think it will work no leaks out of it so far.

Sort of like rivnuts but more like a hollow wall anchor. The body crushes to form large petals for better grip on thin materials.

Well today was a great day i put the boat in the water for the first time since 07.And for the most part i am well pleased with the work so far.I just wish i had not made front casting deck as high as the existing ,it will take some getting use to.but it is strong and works you just need your sea legs.the only bad part off the day was when me and brother in-law pulled into a cove to test seats and we floated a ground got to looking for paddle to push off ,then i remembered they were on the back porch,that will not happen again. the tm got us off.my seat mounts work good front and rear.
Then as we got back to the ramp there was 2 bouts and 1 truck on the ramp and it had a pontoon trailer on it on pontoon boat around. The man left his truck on the ramp.That is a first for me.
mike/caveman

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 2,147
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 2,147
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 2,147
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,147
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 2,147
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 2,147
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 2,147
almost forgot the only thing that i didn't get to test today was my bilge pump as after 2 hrs on water i had no water in the boat the last time i had her out i had about 3" of water in her it turns out it was just a bad plug .I hope i never need the pump but if i do it is good to know i have it.

:? OK
I have been looking around here and that is why i have not posted no pics. lol. A lot of folks are doing so great work on here....
I have sealed the gap between front deck and new deck .But iam wanting to put in a steering console not sure as how to do or go as ober51 is doing with stick steer. please give in put .
mike

Boat looks real good caveman. I'd leave it as a tiller steer since you're storage box is already taking up quite a bit of your free space on the boat.

Tiller steer takes up no space.Stick steer is a good compromise.You have remote control without reaching around to operate the motor,but you lack a console in your way when moving around.

OK iam sad to say that i still have did no more work on the boat.But it is all about cash and my ideas and the don't work well together.still looking around here at what others are doing and there is alot of great work going on here.Like i is said at the start this would be slow mod and as soon as i make my mind up on how to proceed then rested assured there will be more pics.