Lowe 16x48 Restoration

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this is an old thread but I have the same boat. I have rebuilt my transom out of aluminum as well, and I am begining to put in floors. I noticed you used blue board as well and I have ran into a problem. The blue board is 2" thick and the ribs are 1 1/2". I wanted to put the aluminum floor right on the ribs but now they only touch the blue boar with a 1/2" gap between the ribs and floor. I was wondering if you had the same problem and what you did to remedy it. I appreciate the insight.

River Rader
You can't get the blue board at hd/lowes not in my neck of the woods anyway.Call a builders supply and you can get it 1.5 as this was the advice i was given in this tread.

great great work i like what u did with the boat... i was hoping the camo clad wouldnt do that ..

this is an "in my dreams" build! I'm very impressed with the entire project and end results..even with the camo mishap.
Great Job!

wyodeputy said:
Brine said:
Just curious if you and/or Camo-clad figured out what happened.

Sorry, I see that you posted at the end of April and I've been off the site for awhile - sorry for the delay. I made my case to April (in the office) and while on the phone, helped her navigate to my link and the page that showed what had happened. (' pictures worth a thousand words ... better than me describing it) I asked that she show it to the president/owner (Joe) and requested he call me back... never heard a word. I guess there's my answer. Don't really know what my next option is so I'm in limbo... camo is mostly cosmetic but it will affect the functionality when hunting this fall. The camo has adhered fine to the inside of the boat, and I know I could't paint the exterior to match (not even close) so I'm in limbo ... trying to figure out what to do to finish. Kinda dissapointing to my have the peak of the project and all the excitement of the first voyaged quashed like that. Nevertheless, the weather in Eastern Idaho has improved greatly and the snowed in ramps have thawed. Ryan and I have been on the river several times and the boat runs great. If I find a solution, I'll document it here (of course). Thanks for looking !

Camoclad Vinyl should have required the user of 3M Primer 94 for install over curved surfaces or when heat is required, also 3M 3950 Edge Sealer.

Latest posts