Need help identifying something!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wasilvers said:
fender66 said:
wasilvers said:
There's nothing new under the sun (so the Bible says)

https://www.stickitanchorpins.com/PhotoGallery.html

4 pages of ideas and discussion and now THIS? Where were you 4 pages ago?

I'm laughing :roflmao:

I thought Jim was playing a joke on everyone. I'm pretty sure I found the link to that from Tinboats about 2-3 months ago - I thought it came from him... :?:
I got as far as the order page back then and figured it is priced right, but not for right now.

Yes, we discussed that link awhile back. I wanted to make one out of metal and keep it close to the boat.

Jim said:
Yes, we discussed that link awhile back. I wanted to make one out of metal and keep it close to the boat.

Metal sinks REAL fast, but if it falls in while tied off, it would be like a normal anchor and hold you steady! :lol:

I'd go with the one Wasilvers posted. I believe the flex would prove to be invaluable if the water gets choppy. A stiff metal one would possibly/probably bend, then you'd be in a fix trying to get it out of the holder, as was mentioned somewhere above.

BIL in Texas uses a couple pieces of either 1-1/4" or 1-1/2" PVC and jams them in the bottom. His pieces are about 14' long and don't come apart. Once the poles are in the bottom, we just wrap a line around them and tie them off to a cleat. Not sure but you could probably cut them down and glue a union in there to shorten it up. BIL just leaves them laying in the boat.

Latest posts