Never had this happen before....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jdholmes said:
Found one that seemed good, was handing the guy the cash when he shows us the title and it is 'Salvage' right on it! I had specifically asked if it was a clean title multiple times because that is a common 'screw you' move here.

A Salvage title is a clean title. It just means it's been deemed totaled by an insurance company. I know a guy who's in-laws buy totalled cars, restore them and resell them. Of course most of what they buy are the stripped hulks from chop shops and cars that are abandoned and stripped in NYC. Doesn't always mean the car is a junker, just have to check it out a little closer.

Speaking of CL...........

I was waiting for a response for time and place to purchase a set of wheels for my truck from a seller. His price was good and was willing to pay the full asking price. He never committed to time or day so waited until this morning and still no info from seller.

I ran across another ad of wheels which was exactly what I was looking for and an hour and a half later they were mine. Again, no haggling, paid full asking price which seemed fair.

How do you say it? You snooze you lose!

Last year I put up an auction on Ebay for an old car part. 7 days later I had a winner so I boxed up the part and got it ready for shipping. I sent the buyer an invoice just minutes after the auction ended. One day then two then three days go by and still no payment. I sent several messages and got no response during that time. I was just about to re-list the item when I get a message from the buyer stating he thought my shipping cost was too high. Even though the shipping cost was clearly listed in the ad I agreed to discount it $5. Sent him a new invoice with the discounted price. 2 days go by before he finally sends payment but the payment is for the original price without the discount. I just figured the guy was trying to make amends for taking so long to pay. The same day he sent payment I shipped the part and sent him a tracking number. couple days later I get an email from ebay that the guy has filed a dispute with me about the promised shipping discount. I message him and agree to refund him the $5 if he cancels the dispute. He cancels the dispute and I think I have finally seen the last of this guy. couple days later I check some of my other listings on ebay to find that this guy has left me negative feedback. His reason was shipping was way too slow and he had not received the part. I run the tracking # at UPS and the package was delivered the day before he left me feedback and only 3 days after he paid me. I send him a message that the part was delivered the day before with a note from the UPS guy that it was left at the front door. I finally hear from him a couple days later, and he tells me he did get the part he just didn't notice because he comes and goes from his house out the back door and never uses the front door. After many messages and fighting with ebay he eventually changed my feedback to neutral. Worst online sale I've ever experienced.

This guy won the auction for $25 and my original shipping price was $10. Actual shipping cost was around $12.

JasonLester said:
I know it is illegal to carry on school property. So I stay away.

Jason

Wrong... open carry there is perfectly legal and currently unrestricted in your state. Scroll down near the bottom of the page and see for yourself. Mind you this is not something I would personally do as it tends to draw a good bit of negative attention... but thought you might be interested in seeing that not everything the media spews is true :D

https://www.usacarry.com/ohio_concealed_carry_permit_information.html

Popeye said:
Jdholmes said:
Found one that seemed good, was handing the guy the cash when he shows us the title and it is 'Salvage' right on it! I had specifically asked if it was a clean title multiple times because that is a common 'screw you' move here.

A Salvage title is a clean title. It just means it's been deemed totaled by an insurance company. I know a guy who's in-laws buy totalled cars, restore them and resell them. Of course most of what they buy are the stripped hulks from chop shops and cars that are abandoned and stripped in NYC. Doesn't always mean the car is a junker, just have to check it out a little closer.
i have a buddy that rebuilt a toyota pickup from salvage. every part of his rebuild had to pass inspection before it could be registered.he originally failed for having a standard wiring harness in it because he switched to automatic tranny. he had to pull the entire harness and replace it.very tight standards for salvage in b.c.