New Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoosier40

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a picture of my new old 10ft Lowe Jon Boat. Wanted to test it out on our 2 acre pond and had a family member jump in to join me.

jonboat 023.JPG

Nice boat... nice pond... and nice pup. I have a black lab as well he is more into self propulsion when it comes to water :mrgreen: Welcome to tinboats by the way!

raven174us said:
If I had a 2 acre pond I would never be in the house. Welcome aboard!

I'm thinking about painting this old boat. I only paid $75 for it and it will never leave our pond, but I want to spruce it up a little bit. A guy at Rural King told me that a lot of guys use implement paint on aluminum jonboats. He said a good coat of primer and some good implement paint is all I should neeed. Anybody willing to offer advice on what to use. I don't want to spend alot of money on it. I'm also looking for some oar locks. My local Gander Mountain usually carries them but they are out of stock. Any ideas. Below is my other toy

klr-rudy-molly-recital 014.JPG

There seems to be different ideas on what type of paint to use. But if you do a search you will find a lot of good post on the subject.
BTW I like your other toy. I use to work on jap motorcycles for a living. I'd own no other type of bikes. :mrgreen:

Nice boat and co-pilot. Why paint it? Looks perfectly good from here.

I took my oldest sons blak lab fishng with me once. I put him in the boat and launched it, he was floating in the boat when I went to park the truck. On the way back to the ramp I hear people giggling, look up to see the dog running down the shore line at me.

Corraled him back into the boat and took off for some fishing. Kill the engine and was tlaking to the dog while getting my pole ready. Hear a nice splash and said to the dog, were in the right spot. Apperantly he thought so too. He jumped out. Took him three laps around the boat before he decided it was time to get back in the boat. Took another lap to figure out the best way for him to get back in, he lunged, and hooked his front legs on the gunwall, I pulled all 90 pounds of him in the boat. Needless to say he didnt move from under my feet the rest of the day.

Latest posts