New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Trep,
Good for you still at it at 80, that's encouraging (I'm 68).
I was born in Wausau an a proud to say so, I grew up and live in Georgia.
Wisconsin is a beautiful place that I miss visiting since my father passed on.
Stay warm and I'll look for your posts.

Hello everyone my name is Rocky Hill. My wife and I live in SW Missouri. I just purchased a new 10' Tracker for me and my wife. We love to float and fish the 6 mile stretch on the James river which is the head waters to Table Rock lake. Found this site looking for trolling motors for my boat. I have found some great ideas already.

Rocky

rocks66ss said:
Hello everyone my name is Rocky Hill. My wife and I live in SW Missouri. I just purchased a new 10' Tracker for me and my wife. We love to float and fish the 6 mile stretch on the James river which is the head waters to Table Rock lake. Found this site looking for trolling motors for my boat. I have found some great ideas already.

Rocky

Welcome and Congrats on the new boat. Please come back and share your boat and fishing experiences.

Happy New Year!

Thank you for the approval! I have been visiting this site for a little while now and finally decided it was time to register. I am very new to boating and was looking for something I could start out with to learn the ropes. I have been fishing the lower Susquehanna from shore for a while and decided it was time to get something both my son and I could fit on. I purchased a new to me 1993 16' Voyager Jon boat in mid December. It has a 1976 Johnson 15hp on it.. at first I was a little put off by the age of the motor, but the gentlemen I bought it from started it up and it ran... After a little research, with a little cleaning up I feel like this could be a pretty decent motor.

Speaking of Voyager Jon boats, is anyone familiar with that brand? It seems like they are no longer in business!

Thanks for all of the information here and I hope to contribute the best I can!

Thanks again!

Missed this when I signed up. Getting back into a small water boat. Had a 12' fiberglass Gamefisher back in the 80's.
Fishing in my area is limited w/o any lakes. there is some small water an hours drive though.
Have been spoiled by redfishing at Rockport, Tex., caught first snook in Ft. Pierce inlet, specs on the Mississippi delta area, and ladyfish, snapper, sheepshead, and blues near Jensen Beach, FL. I love salt water fishing, but alas, have to settle for warm water fresh species.
Anyway, discovered Tinboats when researching boats.

Does anyone have any idea of what seat manufacturer might have made these seats? I own a 17'- '96 Alumacraft Competitor and the seats are pretty much shot.

I've contacted Alumacraft asking if they kept records of who might have made their seats back then and they weren't any help. I've also contacted one boat seat manufacturer but they also weren't any help.

I thought maybe someone might be able to point me in the right direction...

Thanks in advance for any and all input.
dbcd261b5b6926d451012a6728eff65f.jpg
968f1b24395e69de0c25c6312279695a.jpg
4adca7f4c27bc29525ee2c58d7a8bfda.jpg
cf5d7377f9762830ec991e0bce13c9de.jpg
6c08b5feae0fe49bf35c5296f60acffb.jpg
25db8d98410f1c648bb5320b321f275d.jpg
7ed2c0e6f606ba4f0cddc785045b6b13.jpg
9c83320baa76585aa35a7ec44861aa1f.jpg
1771f3ad891f27c84b4d6dc30c62ad27.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Greetings, All.

New member here. I live in Huntsville, Alabama and retired as of Jan. 2018. I'm actually here by happenstance of a recent purchase. I'm in the final stages of completing a small scratch-built wooden sailboat and was looking for a used trailer to tow it on. I found the perfect trailer, but it had a monstrosity of an old boat on it that I really didn't want. However, it was an all-oracle-nothing deal so I was stuck with it. It was my original intention to scrap it, but once I had a chance to really look it over I realized there was really nothing wrong with it that I can't fix myself. Other then a paint job that looks like it was put on with the kitchen mop it is structurally sound and I got to thinking this could make a pretty cool fishing boat with a little elbow-grease. I live about 20 minutes from one of the best bass lakes (Guntersville) in the country, so I've decided to make restoring it my next project. So, here I am seeking advice and experience. I will try to post about the boat in the general chat section later today.

macawman said:
Greetings, All.

New member here. I live in Huntsville, Alabama and retired as of Jan. 2018. I'm actually here by happenstance of a recent purchase. I'm in the final stages of completing a small scratch-built wooden sailboat and was looking for a used trailer to tow it on. I found the perfect trailer, but it had a monstrosity of an old boat on it that I really didn't want. However, it was an all-oracle-nothing deal so I was stuck with it. It was my original intention to scrap it, but once I had a chance to really look it over I realized there was really nothing wrong with it that I can't fix myself. Other then a paint job that looks like it was put on with the kitchen mop it is structurally sound and I got to thinking this could make a pretty cool fishing boat with a little elbow-grease. I live about 20 minutes from one of the best bass lakes (Guntersville) in the country, so I've decided to make restoring it my next project. So, here I am seeking advice and experience. I will try to post about the boat in the general chat section later today.

Congratulations on the retirement.

I know this is a "tin" boats forum, but I bet others in addition to me would like to see your scratch built sailboat.

one click willie said:
Does anyone have any idea of what seat manufacturer might have made these seats? I own a 17'- '96 Alumacraft Competitor and the seats are pretty much shot.

I've contacted Alumacraft asking if they kept records of who might have made their seats back then and they weren't any help. I've also contacted one boat seat manufacturer but they also weren't any help.

I thought maybe someone might be able to point me in the right direction...

Thanks in advance for any and all input.
dbcd261b5b6926d451012a6728eff65f.jpg
968f1b24395e69de0c25c6312279695a.jpg
4adca7f4c27bc29525ee2c58d7a8bfda.jpg
cf5d7377f9762830ec991e0bce13c9de.jpg
6c08b5feae0fe49bf35c5296f60acffb.jpg
25db8d98410f1c648bb5320b321f275d.jpg
7ed2c0e6f606ba4f0cddc785045b6b13.jpg
9c83320baa76585aa35a7ec44861aa1f.jpg
1771f3ad891f27c84b4d6dc30c62ad27.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

This should probably be moved to the 'Boat House' forums. You would probably get more responses if you re-post it there.

I suggest you click on AK McCallum under the "sponsor" tab here on TinBoats.net. They have a ton of different style seats. Or, look for "folding boat seats" on Amazon. I'm sure you will find a match, but it might not have the Alumacraft logo.

Hello, thanks for the add. I just bought a starcraft supersport 18 that was headed for the scrap yard. Looking for restoration ideas and tips lead me to this site. It is going to be set up solely for fishing. Hopefully I get some ideas here. I live in Michigan and right now am stuck in the no man's land between hard water and soft water fishing. So a good time for a boat project.

20180304_162535[1].jpg20180304_162500[1].jpg

Evening folks. I am the proud owner of a Grumman, 14 ft, side console, fishing boat.. Wanted a boat all my life.. finally at 66 I have one. Hope to get this in the water here in central Maine and have some fun..

Hi, I have a 1994 Princecraft deep vee, 30 Hp Evinrude with remote steering. I recently purchased this, my first boat. I live in the Texas Panhandle. I recently retired from a municipal fire department after 34 years. I am looking forward to becoming a better and more active fisherman and boater. I recently purchased a Lowrance hook2 5 and a 55 lb transom trolling motor. I have practiced with the sonar a few times and I hope tomorrow will be my first use of the trolling motor. I installed a flat floor between the middle and front seat. This should make it a lot more comfortable to stand there.

Attachments

• 14' Aluminum 30 HP evinrude (1) (1024x576).jpg
    14' Aluminum 30 HP evinrude (1) (1024x576).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 6,696
Hey everybody, New guy from Alabama here. I stumbled on to this site after I had already finished converting my jon boat. Who da thunk there were so many people into doing the same. Anyway, looks like a cool site. I hope to get some ideas for my next boat.

Hello Everyone,

I'm in Rehoboth Beach Delaware, my son and I fish mostly in the ponds of Sussex County. We had been fishing in a 12-ft jon boat with an old Mercury 9.9 and it was getting a little cramped. We just got a Grizzly 1648 with a Evinrude 25 and it's like being in different time zones, plenty of room to fish! I really enjoy reading the posts here, and hope to contribute when I can.

Thanks again!

John

JohnH68 said:
Hello Everyone,

I'm in Rehoboth Beach Delaware, my son and I fish mostly in the ponds of Sussex County. We had been fishing in a 12-ft jon boat with an old Mercury 9.9 and it was getting a little cramped. We just got a Grizzly 1648 with a Evinrude 25 and it's like being in different time zones, plenty of room to fish! I really enjoy reading the posts here, and hope to contribute when I can.

Thanks again!

John

Good to have you John. My dad and I have recently gone from a 16 foot Tracker to a 17 foot Lund. Its always nice to have more room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello tin boaters. I'm Jason a 35 yr old live in mass. Been looking at this site for a bit about Jon boat builds.there's alot of nice looking builds on this form thank to all who have posted. I'm just about done with my build and will post pictures in the correct thread.Have a good one be safe.

Hey, new boat owner here, trying to figure out where I fit in, I've been trying to find a forum about Fiberglass boats, but this forum keeps coming up, I'm not sure if I'm in the right places but if you guys can, i could really use the help, or get pointed in the right direction, i purchased a 1962 16ft Sea King, with a 65hp merc, needing advice on where to get parts and what to do to get it water ready.
5ce5da31554304f218315cf1e5d09ae5.jpg
b37b45b3a5619f69f77e9992039abe5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Morning gents, just joined the TinBoats forum this morning. I live in eastern NC and predominately boat fish the creeks, rivers, and sound between the Pamlico and the Neuse Rivers. I also like to surf fish on the Outer Banks and the Crystal Coast. I fish offshore on charter boats (either out of Morehead City or Oregon Inlet) with a few buddies about every other year. Guess I just like to fish. I'm 62 and bought my first boat two years ago, a Lowe 2070 Roughneck, from the estate of my good friend, ARNG mentor, and hunting partner - he was a retired ARNG general so I named my boat "THE GENERAL" in his honor. My Dad, brother, and brother-in-law are my normal fishing buddies. This is me last fall on the stern of THE GENERAL in a creek off the Pamlico River and one of my daughter checking it out the day I brought it home (SEP 16). OH

Fishing_in_the_creek.jpg

Kristin_checking_out_the_boat_9-9-16.jpg