Nitrogen Tire Service

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Nascar we have a system that pump the air out of the tire before filling it with Nitrogen. If the place that filled your tires doesn't do this I would not pay for the service.

Mike, think about this one and give me your opinion.
If you fill your tire with regular air(78% nitrogen)and 25% of the air seeps out,wouldn't you now have pure nitrogen in your tire. LOL
Like I said,just another gimmick to get your $s.

lol, ill have to go back to the labratory and do some tests....

i agree its alot of money for very little. we dont do the services just because the setup is several K and it would be hard convincing a bunch of rednecks to pay 50 bucks for air in their tires.

Loggerhead Mike said:
lol, ill have to go back to the labratory and do some tests....

i agree its alot of money for very little. we dont do the services just because the setup is several K and it would be hard convincing a bunch of rednecks to pay 50 bucks for air in their tires.

You aint kidding Mike!!!

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/t7FIvAw2wC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/t7FIvAw2wC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Hey river-wolf,you guys laugh at that.That is an OLD trick that is used to set the beads.Only difference is that I use starting fluid,about a 3-4 second blast does the trick.It works perfectly.That trick has been around as long as I can remember,and I'm 50.My Dad was an Auto mechanic.
Use it on tires that have been stacked,causing the tires to flatten out.

river_wolf said:
Andy said:
Just don't stand too close to the tire, you'll be missing some eyebrows.... LOL

Are you speaking from experiance????

I've come close... :D

Running low pressure rock crawling without beadlocks, it happens, and you do what you have to do to set the bead back. S&MFISH is right starting fluid works best, brake cleaner is right up there too.

You aint kidding Mike!!!

lol, ive only seen that 1 time and a recon somebody forgot to tell the kid alittle goes along way. Well after half a can of choke clean the tire was seated on the rim and in full melt down :LOL2:

Latest posts