OceanGrip ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have these pads in my work out room. Not exactly the same thing as Seadek. Still a cost effective and good solution though. If you make a mistake trimming one of these pads easy to just replace the one pad you screwed up. I bet you could also fix a template/jig and use a router to custom cut the stuff.

I have them in my boat currently as well. they are comfy, but I am tired of them flying out at highway speeds. Also unless you completely cover them in glue before installing, I think they will hold water underneath.

10-4 squiggy, i always have plenty of gear in the boat to keep mine in place on the highway, and i worried if they got water under em that they'd float & that would not be good, but it actually makes it easier to wash the leaves, sticks, etc... out of the boat

chevyrulz said:
10-4 squiggy, i always have plenty of gear in the boat to keep mine in place on the highway, and i worried if they got water under em that they'd float & that would not be good, but it actually makes it easier to wash the leaves, sticks, etc... out of the boat

I spread my gear out as well to try and keep it down, but get passed by an 18 wheeler and one of my small cuts will end up missing. I have also had to replace a few due to them being worn out. I do love having them, but having to remove them for cleaning, flying out on the road...is why I looked into Seadek as a permanent install. I am struggling spending 1500 bucks on the floor of a boat only worth double that(minus the engine).
I may opt to buy the sheet material from Seadek save half of the 1500 and install myself. I used to install flooring way back so I am pretty sure I could do a decent job. I just wont have the fancy bevelled edges, 2 colors, etc. that comes with the premium price. I can spend the leftover money on a king pin shallow water anchor and a new trolling motor :)

Oh yeah, I did try double stick tape...it did not hold and left a messy residue on the bottom, right now I have small pieces of masking tape holding down the tiles.

I'd prolly use 3M aerosol contact adhesive if I opted to glue 'em down:
1) sand, clean, then spray the floor
2) spray the bottom of the flooring
3) let both dry
4) stick the flooring to the floor permanently

wow, i need to start a business apparently. $110 for an achor pin [-X i ordered myself an anchor pin for under $20 shipped (the rod itself is $9). https://www.agriculturesolutions.com/products/growing-and-propagating/plant-and-tree-supports/fiberglass-stake-3-4-x-8-detail sells an 8' x 3/4" round fiberglass rod, i just sanded one end to a sorta pointy tip, and drilled a hole in the other end for the rope, but you can order an actual T-handle and/or a stainless tip for $10 each at https://www.mgs4u.com/shallow-water-boat-anchors.htm if you wanna get all fancy with it :mrgreen:

Now you are talking, I like that a lot, way more practical than that other way overpriced stuff.

After all this is a freaking jon boat!

SquiggyFreud said:
RiverBottomOutdoors said:
surfman said:
After all this is a freaking jon boat!

My "jon boat" is my baby. :)

agree! But man 1500 for a floor :cry:

Worth every penny. Barefoot bowfishing on 100 degree days and it looks custom/professional. Some guys have a custom paint job on their cars, some have custom chrome on their bikes....I don't have either of those, I have custom decking on my boat. I'd buy it again. Only downside is you can't get in and out of the landing without someone wanting to ask you about it.

here's the same post i just put in my 15' alumacraft build thread about how to make your own anchor pin:

made an anchor pin on the cheap rather than buy a premade one for $70-100..
Here's the finished product:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

chevyrulz said:
here's the same post i just put in my 15' alumacraft build thread about how to make your own anchor pin:

made an anchor pin on the cheap rather than buy a premade one for $70-100...I used:

an 8' x 3/4" round fiberglass rod from agriculturesolutions.com for $17 shipped to my door which I then sharpened to a point on one end with an orbital sander using 40 grit followed by 220 grit

a 1/2" slip fit PVC tee fitting glued onto the fiberglass rod with 2 part marine epoxy

two 1.5" lengths of 1/2" PVC pipe cut from a 2' x 1/2" PVC pipe glued into the tee fitting

two 1/2" slip fit PVC caps above 1.5" x 1/2" pipe for flush mounted connection to the tee fitting forming a t-handle

Here's the finished product:
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice job man! I plan to get a 2 piece 12 foot pole for mine.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this but now through Christmas>>use code SEADEK2014 for 10% off stock items and free shipping from Seadek. Does not include custom jobs though.

How would this Seadek, etc., hold up being on the gunnels of a tin subjected to the perils of being tied to a dock while a solo fisherman goes to park or get their truck & trailer.

TNtroller said:
How would this Seadek, etc., hold up being on the gunnels of a tin subjected to the perils of being tied to a dock while a solo fisherman goes to park or get their truck & trailer.

It's pretty tough stuff, but I don't think it's meant to be used a bumper for docking. I have gouges in my aluminum from being tied to the dock with no bumpers.

That's the problem I'm having as well, boat has no rub rail and I fish solo the majority of the time, so I tie up to the docks. I'm trying to avoid having to use bumpers/fenders, but not much luck so far. I didn't think the seadek type materials would hold up too well, especially for the cost involved but thought I would ask :LOL2:

TNtroller said:
That's the problem I'm having as well, boat has no rub rail and I fish solo the majority of the time, so I tie up to the docks. I'm trying to avoid having to use bumpers/fenders, but not much luck so far. I didn't think the seadek type materials would hold up too well, especially for the cost involved but thought I would ask :LOL2:

I considered using a rubber or vinyl stair nosing for a "bumper" on my boat. It is available in many sizes, shapes, and colors. It would have to be glued on though.

On another note, just received my Seadek sheet material I ordered. going fishing tomorrow for the full moon, but may try to work on it Sunday.

Latest posts