Our guided fishing trip.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Last winter I won a half day guided fishing trip for two. Today we collected. My wife and I went fishing with JD Spinner's guide service. If you ever are wanting to fish the Fox Chain in northern Illinois, I would recommend JD Spinner's.

The morning started out clear but cool as we drifted down river from the launch. My wife took the early lead and landed a large Drum, the first of many fish of the day.

Jean_s_Drum.jpg

We both landed a couple of White Bass which we returned w/o pictures.

Later I got a nice 15" Walleye and that got to see the inside of the Spinner boat livewell.

Frank_s_15inch_Walleye.jpg

My wife picked up a Walleye of her own, though this was just 1/2" short of legal and got sent back to grow some more.

Jean_s_Walleye.jpg

Jean even managed to fight and boat this Large Mouth Bass

Jean_s_Baby_Bass.jpg

A Close up

Baby_Bass_closeup.jpg

Our guide landed a 2 lb Channel Cat which we declined and was released

On the trip back up river we saw plenty of wild life including this Egret standing a vigil.

Egret.jpg

We also saw what happens when you don't pay attention to the river contour. I'm thinking this Nitro owner will either avoid this section of the river or pay closer attention.

Nitro_roostertail.jpg

Very stuck. Another Nitro was tied to the stuck one and it looked like they were both trying very hard to burn up their motors.

very_stuck.jpg

Just before we got back to the launch a Storm front started moving in.

Cold_front_moving_in.jpg

Front_closing_in.jpg

Didn't take long and it was over us and the temp dropped noticably. When we got back to the launch JD's afternoon client, Dale Bowman, From the Chicago Sun-Times newspaper was there. We boated 15 fish of which 8 were Walleye and as we only had the one keeper Walleye, and it was in great shape we released it at the launch.

I had a good time and my wife really enjoyed it, which made it even better. When her Brother and cousin come up to visit from Texas we will hire JD for another trip.

esquired said:

Didn't take a GPS but many spots were obvious and JD said that if I wanted he would mark a map I have with the places we went. I didn't have him mark my map but maybe when we hire him later when the In-laws come up I will. I didn't really want his spots but rather his knowledge about reading whether a spot will produce. I learned some different techniques about targeting Walleye so it was a good day.

Glad you had a nice day, sounds like an outstanding prize. If ya want to win go with tin :wink:

Sounds like a great trip, Its always nice to look into a live well and see fish looking back at ya. 15" Walley, YUMMMMMM. Also it always nice to take the wife out fishing sometimes too until she out fishes ya. My wife is ban from the fishing rods for that reason, I have never seen such a lucky woman. Glad to here you had a good time!

Great report, Andy, and glad y'all had a good time and caught some nice ones! 8)

Did the Nitro guy ever get his boat un-grounded!? Makes me glad I can get my tin rig into the skinny water :)

Latest posts