Our project!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jamantste said:
Thanks....yes it came with an OLD OLD trolling motor. It has been painted several times and has one toggle on the front. We MAY clean that up and mount it. As far as future plans... a couple... We still have to hurculine the back, paint the exterior, we are adding nav lights, interior lights, switch and fuse panel, bimini top is on order, deep cycle and voltmeter, cup and rod holders need to be mounted, and some may cringe at this one, but a SMALL amp and two speakers so that and ipod can be plugged into (for when the boat is in recreation mode) ... just to name a few...

Yeah i am hoping to do around the same things with my boat. I told some of my freinds at school about it and they told me to put two twelve inch kickers in it. :mrgreen: but i think the fish my get a little freaked out or it might just schock em and they float up. :D

Jim said:
Love the bimini top man! That is needed some days for sure. Paint is a tough choice, I like red! But some of the colors I seen here are awesome.

Red is good - just make sure it is NOT this red:

RedSoxREDSOCKS.JPG

This is a far better shade of red:
phill02.jpg

I agree with stew, Crimson is by far the best red - but I prefer white trim to the cream trim, and painted the interior of my boat to go along with that scheme.

bama-logo.thumbnail.JPG

What's up guys... just wanted to drop a couple of more pics of the boat. It has taken on many names around here but my favorite is the "jontoon boat". Anyway the pics show the cup holders and ... like a side console (sort of). The fish finder sits on the back one and houses a four switch panel, 12v acc. receptacle, voltmeter, and ipod input #2. We got all of that installed and the weather turned nasty so those aren't pictured yet. I think we may go start cleaning up the OLD OLD trolling motor that came with it since the rain isn't letting up.

Thanks for the suggestions on colors... I do like red but I am an Auburn Fan..... hmmm, maybe a dark blue. Who knows... to keep inline with the rest of the boat we will probably get whatever is cheapest.

As you can probably see this boat is not a 100% fish killer. It's more of a recreational type boat because we had to cater to the many children that may climb aboard (nieces, nephews and grandkids). That being said, if you see any glaring problems with anything let me know! Thanks!

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 638
  • Picture3.jpg
    Picture3.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 634
  • Picture4.jpg
    Picture4.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 628
boat is sweet. atleast it does have some red on it now. i will paint mine blue also. im one of those wierd people that go overboard and i want the boat to match my truck when im pulling it down the highway. call me crazy.

Latest posts