Oxford Lake, AL

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffChastain

Reaction score
So I took my boy to Oxford Lake yesterday afternoon. He's been learning to cast his little rod, and he's getting pretty good when he concentrates, so I took him to the lake to catch a few bream. Couldn't get a bream bite at all. Guess the water was too cold. But, I had my spinning rod in the water with some chicken liver hooked on. Almost pulled the rod out of the holder when he hit it. Bait was about 30 yards out, and it was alot of fun fighting him in. I never catfish, but I think I'll do it more often when fishing from the bank.

Attachments

• catfish.JPG
    catfish.JPG
    253.9 KB · Views: 288
That's a nice Channel Cat you got Jeff, it should fry up real nice!

January is the time for big Cats on Neely, if you're foolish enough to leave the warm house and brave the cold.

DSC01936.jpg

This one Elijah caught on his broke spider man pole out at Oxford lake, had to pull line in with my hand so he could reel it up, drag wasn't strong enough on his pole.

Attachments

• IMAG0192.jpg
    IMAG0192.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 259
  • IMAG0197.jpg
    IMAG0197.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 259
haha! Thats awesome bro. That's the biggest I've caught out of oxford lake. I wonder if there are some 60 lb whoppers in there? Are you in montgomery fulltime now?

There's somethin big out there that keeps messing with my lines, took about 30 yards off my reel in about 5 seconds, snapped 17 lbs test with one jerk, bent my rod holder about 45 degrees. Never seen him, just his aftermath. Yeah I'm in Montgomery full time just comin up for the weekends I have him.

Latest posts