Parking the boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lckstckn2smknbrls said:
PSG-1 said:
BOB350RX said:
securing a razor blade under the coupler latch, so when they go to flip it open, they lose a finger, or a massive amount of blood

NEVER THOUGHT OF THIS ONE BUT ID PROBABLY FORGET AND GET MYSELF... :D

Yes, that's the ONLY problem with booby traps....they often catch the person who sets them when they forget about the booby trap. But when they actually catch a dirtbag, they work great!
Booby traps are generally illegal and can get you in a lot of trouble. Motion sensor lights and a noise maker will send thieves on their way.

i know but its fun to imagine...

my boat sits outside behind but against the house between a staircase and a fence. you would have to pull the boat out about four feet to get at the prop. the best thing I did was to install a motion sensing flood light. come within 15 feet of the boat and anyone for half a block will be able to see you.

freetofish said:
if my boat sits very long I always take the key out. really hard to get a locksmith to make a key for a boat. I put a padlock on my hitch but I close it into the down position... Makes it harder to hook on using the ball hitch.

unless your boats in the water then I wouldnt worry about the key, people who steal boats dont want your boat, they want everything on it, in it, or under it. ( trailer, outboard, electronics...) so even if they were to want to use your boat, all they need to do is put a new ignition which only costs about 15 bucks and takes 10 mins to hook up, or put in a 2 dollar push start button.

If someone wants to steal it bad enough, theyre going to get it. its your job to slow them down enough to give them time to get cought.

Latest posts