Shallow Ramp Launching (updated with picture)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have carpeted bunks, before you load your boat back on the trailer on a warm day, take a block of "gulf canning wax" and rub it all over the carpeted bunks, it will slick them up and you will be able to slide the boat off with ease. Just reapply every so often when the wax has worn off the carpet.

What about before launching, unhooking your winch cable, running it to the back around the rear-most part of the trailer, and pulling forward, re-attaching it to the boat. You could winch it off...

motorhead said:
What about before launching, unhooking your winch cable, running it to the back around the rear-most part of the trailer, and pulling forward, re-attaching it to the boat. You could winch it off...
Now why didn't I think of that. Even have a roller back there to run the strap around. Thanks...

I didn't read the entire thread so this may have already mentioned. A tongue that can be extended. A friend made one and it works well for him. I have glide sticks mounted to the bunks that makes launching and loading my river pro easy.

Latest posts