So I hit a log yesterday...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My trolling motor has a gouge in a blade courtesy of being out there in the dark. Yakkin' it is a good idea.

Some lakes have plenty of hazards, but the water is clear and you can see em.
I would not go back there.
In the 1960s I was on a multi-day family trip in an 25 foot Chris Craft. We hit a log buried in the mud. It mangled the prop and bent the drive shaft on the Chevy 283 inboard. We got towed to a marina and took a 6 hour crossing in an old Bay Built fishing boat in 4 foot seas to get home.

Looks like an interesting place to fish. I would just maneuver slowly through that stump minefield searching for fish. Take your time and use a lot of caution exploring that place.

Not trying to 1 up, but hit submerged concrete (from old bridge) yesterday. Was new territory & was going slow thru the log jam that I saw. Concrete was 2 inches below surface & got high centered on it. Had to get out & stand on concrete to lift boat off. 2 inch long gouge in bottom, I have all the materials on hand to patch it. Amazingly didn't take on much water going the 5 miles back to the ramp.

CedarRiverScooter said:
Not trying to 1 up, but hit submerged concrete (from old bridge) yesterday. Was new territory & was going slow thru the log jam that I saw. Concrete was 2 inches below surface & got high centered on it. Had to get out & stand on concrete to lift boat off. 2 inch long gouge in bottom, I have all the materials on hand to patch it. Amazingly didn't take on much water going the 5 miles back to the ramp.

We both did pretty much the same thing 'cept you were unlucky enough to hit concrete instead of wood! Glad you were able to repair it. Amazing how hard it is to see objects just below the surface at times.