So there I was……

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nathanielrthomas said:
Being a Navy guy, I use an acronym for my checklist. Would tell you mine but its kinda embarassing, lol. But it works.

Yes, you have my attention also!!!! :LOL2: If its not acceptable, you can PM me.

No No, nothing like that you salty sailors. I know how you old school guys roll. This is the new (kinder and gentler) Navy. :LOL2: I just remember the acronym "TWRMP". You can kinda pronounce it, which is what I do. It's simple, but effective. It stands for Tailgate, Winch, Rope, Motor, Plug. I really used it a lot as a beginner, but stopped for a while.Then I put my boat in the water this year without the plug, so the acronym was revived. Complacency kills, so I try to stick to my proven routines.

You guys crack me up.

nathanielrthomas said:
Tailgate, Winch, Rope, Motor, Plug

Thats just to get my boat in the water safely. The sad thing is I usually get in the boat and end up having to go back to the truck after launching to get my cell phone or the bag of goodies I just picked up at the baitshop.

It always kills me when you get all excited in the baitshop trying to pick out things that will work, and you get even more excited to use the new "secret weapon" as you get on water, only to realize you left the **** bag in the truck. #-o

river_wolf said:
gunny146 said:
Any day on the water is a good day. Maybe one day we can get together and do a little line wetting. Oh yeah, a good many of the fish I've seen lately are bedding or crusing so they are a little tough to catch.

To be honest, I have been trying to come up with a way that a bunch of the Georgia boys on here could all hook up and all head out together, but I know that schedules always get in the way of things like this. I would like to get to meet some of you and get to know you all better. There are some great people on here and with be being new to all of this it has been great to get input from you all.
Thanks for the heads up on the fish.

Any time for me buddy. Just shoot me a pm. I love to meet new fishin folks and learn from them. :D

nathanielrthomas said:
No No, nothing like that you salty sailors. I know how you old school guys roll. This is the new (kinder and gentler) Navy. :LOL2: I just remember the acronym "TWRMP". You can kinda pronounce it, which is what I do. It's simple, but effective. It stands for Tailgate, Winch, Rope, Motor, Plug. I really used it a lot as a beginner, but stopped for a while.Then I put my boat in the water this year without the plug, so the acronym was revived. Complacency kills, so I try to stick to my proven routines.

You guys crack me up.

My wife does call me crude occasionally, lol.

Cool acronym, and one I should try and remember.....................or maybe write it down on the boat somewhere :)

Well after reading all of this, I truly don't feel so bad. I know that I am not the first to do it, and probably won't be the last. But be sure that I did put a check list together today down to even making sure that the coffee was on board before launch.

Thanks all for the input.

My wife loves to sit at the ramp and watch people put in and take out. Very entertaining.....her word to me and all husbands.....you are an idiot if you ever resort to yelling at your wife....and everyone who hears you knows you're and idiot!