Starting in cold weather

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a thing I do for cold weather starting. If I am not wrong your engine has an enrichment solenoid type device. Try pumping the fuel hose good and energize the solenoid several times with the key. Then wait. Give the liquid fuel in there time to evaporate before you crank it. If you give it enough time for a bit of vapor to develop, it might fire right off. This worked well for me many times with an old plow truck. I would pump the gas pedal a few times and wait 20-30 seconds. It would light right off.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340000#p340000 said:
Boat2fast » Today, 2:12 am[/url]"]I have a thing I do for cold weather starting. If I am not wrong your engine has an enrichment solenoid type device. Try pumping the fuel hose good and energize the solenoid several times with the key. Then wait. Give the liquid fuel in there time to evaporate before you crank it. If you give it enough time for a bit of vapor to develop, it might fire right off. This worked well for me many times with an old plow truck. I would pump the gas pedal a few times and wait 20-30 seconds. It would light right off.

Hmmm, interesting. Yes, this is the type of primer/choke my engine has. Have to give it a try next time. Thanks!!

Latest posts