Sunglasses!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
basshunter25 said:
Finally got my sunglasses today! Of course it is rainy and overcast. I did try them on and the fit is amazing. They have rubber on the sides that really hold my head. I think I could scuba dive with these things on! I will update after I take them fishing and hopefully see some sun.

Man, I started reading this thread thinking it was brand new, and really wanted to post my opinion, then I looked at the dates of the replies and realized that I was behind the times on this one. :?

Anyway, basshunter, I hope that you like the glasses you got, sounds like the Oakley's right? Cool. I've had a few pair of Oakley's, a few RayBan's, a pair of Maui Jim's, and now I wear Bolle, which have an prescription insert (you get the style of an Oakley wrap-around, with the [strike]convenience[/strike] necessity of your rx, without the cost of prescription Oakley's ($400+ :shock:).

Well, let us know how they fair on the lake. I think you made a good choice!

I ended up buying some costas,with the lenses that you can switch,3 colors.
Hope they last for a bit or I don't throw them overboard.

Zum said:
I ended up buying some costas,with the lenses that you can switch,3 colors.

My Bolle's came with changeable lenses too. I use the black polarized ones 90% of the time, but the orange (hi-vis) and semi-clear (smoke) ones come in handy too.

Pair of polars from Bass Pro Shop -

https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10208074_650008001_650000000_650008000?cmCat=CROSSSELL_THUMBNAIL

I did put a strap on them considering my Oakleys met their fate swimming in the Chattahoochee river.

keep an eye on www.steepandcheap.com. I have 2 pairs of Oakleys I picked up from there for under $50 each. They also have Maui Jim's, Costa's, Smith's, and some other's on occasion. Pretty good deals almost all of the time.

waterboy,

I have a pair of prescription Costa's and they work great. Most companies that sell sunglasses now also sell prescription sunglasses. If you have insurance and are getting a reduction on the cost of your contacts or glasses you can usually get prescription sunglasses. I did this when I did not need to change my prescription for my regular street glasses, just got the sunglasses instead.

Hope this helps,

Doug