The Cave

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife calls it a cave, and I do at times, but it's more like a den I guess. The kids left home and I claimed an upstarirs bedroom as my territory, lol.

I somehow aquired the wife's treadmill :roll:
normal_DSC_0031.jpg

normal_DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

(I'm terrible at taking indoor shots)

brmurray, it's beautiful! A true thing of beauty and the epitome of a man cave. Mine doesn't look nearly that good. It's a pretty good chunk of the basement where I keep all my hunting and fishing stuff. My wife is one of those folks who has to clean everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. Yeah, there was some dirt and grass and stuff in the man cave end of the basement but so what. One day she went down there with the vacuum cleaner and managed to suck up an unspent primer while vacuuming around my reloading bench. Something caused it to ignite and, well, let's just say that her next stop was at the nearby washing machine. Needless to say she no longer vacuums the man cave.

My man cave is the basement... I have my 55" tv down there with every gaming system imaginable with two large couches in the main area, behind there is my little "office" corner of the basement where the computer sits along with all of my audio recording gear, and in the room next to that is the music room, where I have all of my guitars, a keyboard, my amps, PA and my drumset. The other little room doubles as a utility/storage/workout room, where I have the punching bag and a few weights. I love it: it's dark and kind of dingy (like most basements are) and it's a cluttered mess, which means my wife rarely goes down there. I would love to put some money into it and hang some drywall and lay down some carpet (the wood paneling and concrete flooring is oddly pleasant to me, but it could be SO much more cozy...)

I also have the 4 car garage that also serves as a good man cave, but since it's unfinished, there is no insulation or source of heat, so up here in Minnesota, it doesn't make for a very pleasant place to hang out 8 months out of the year... One day though, if I ever run into some extra cash flow, that will be fixed.

BassAddict said:
Fishingbuds cave makes me jealous! Once I get to where im going a nice "JDBaits Only" work shop is gonna be the first thing on my wish list

:lol: I worked really hard to convince my squaw to get one, hope you get one just as easy.

I like that its the right size not to hurt too bad on buying and it doesn't hurt so bad on a budget to drywall and installation

FishingBuds said:
BassAddict said:
Fishingbuds cave makes me jealous! Once I get to where im going a nice "JDBaits Only" work shop is gonna be the first thing on my wish list

:lol: I worked really hard to convince my squaw to get one, hope you get one just as easy.

I like that its the right size not to hurt too bad on buying and it doesn't hurt so bad on a budget to drywall and installation

I agree with Bassaddict. I would like a shed-cave.

Jim said:
FishingBuds said:
BassAddict said:

I agree with Bassaddict. I would like a shed-cave.

I would like to move everyone out into a shed -cave and fill the house with my stuff

We are at sea-level here in south Florida, and there are no basements. So my dreams of populating Mancavia with all my nice stuff died when I moved here from Ohio. I'm getting very jealous looking at all these pictures...

Hooky1420 said:
We are at sea-level here in south Florida, and there are no basements. So my dreams of populating Mancavia with all my nice stuff died when I moved here from Ohio. I'm getting very jealous looking at all these pictures...

Love the name Mancavia. So in FL would you need to build a man-shed instead? You surely wouldn't have to heat it but probably cool it. Do garden sheds just blow away in hurricanes? I suppose there must be codes governing building sheds there so they aren't filling the skies during a big storm. I'd rather be above ground if I had a choice because basements are usually grungy left-over spaces (which is why we get them for caves in the first place). Anyway, I wish I had any kind of cave/shed/garage instead of the spot under the trees.

Since you brought work space into teh cave Ill have to update my status. :mrgreen:

I have a two car attached garage that I do all my wood working, auto repair, and other projects. Actually I just finished doing a brake job on my neices fiances Mustang, front and rears. Once that car is out of the garage I need to finish up the two sets of bag games I am making for my sons. Then onto the trim work for my recreation man-cave in the basement. :mrgreen:

As for a shed. I have a little 10x10 shed out back next to eh firepit and horsehoe pits that my riding mower, bikes, and other yard tools live i . Hopefully the summer of 2012 Ill be ripping that shed down and replacing it with a second 2 stall garage, one stall for the boat, and the other for projects. It'll have an attached porch and place for my firewood.

This past summer I put in a patio out back, a 30' diameter flower garden with a flag pole in the center, and a sidewalk next to teh driveway. Plus I dug out the fire pit and surrounded it with blocks and put on a cap row, its about 8' in diameter.

I got man space everywhere. :mrgreen:
The wife got the main floor, I got everything else. :mrgreen:

Still lots of work to be done, but here's a sneak peak at the new man cave
DSCN1422.jpg

DSCN1421.jpg

DSCN1420.jpg

DSCN1419.jpg

DSCN1418.jpg

DSCN1417.jpg

before pics here page 2
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16355&hilit=man+cave&start=15

Latest posts