Tinboats 2015 BIGGEST LOSER Challange

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fender66 said:
Jack.....you're really rocking it!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thanks Man!

I am 53 y.o. and have a 13 y.o. son. I decided that if I want to see him grow up I had better get my butt out of the bed and start taking care of myself. I started this journey by looking into surgery. When you want to do the surgery, the doctors make you jump through many hoops. One of those hoops is to start a diet and exercise program to show you are serious. When I did that the weight started falling off. After a few months and jumping through other hoops, I decided I could do this WITHOUT the surgery. I have lots of folks (FB friends, Neighbors, Church Members and Co-workers) following my progress, cheering for me and praying for me. It is a blessing.

I have so much more energy now it is unbelievable to me!

I will continue to follow this thread and support the others here.

Jack, you are doing extraordinarily well!

Long goals are hard. My heart-felt congratulations.

Best wishes.

=D> =D> =D>

Jack's PA said:
fender66 said:
Jack.....you're really rocking it!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thanks Man!

I am 53 y.o. and have a 13 y.o. son. I decided that if I want to see him grow up I had better get my butt out of the bed and start taking care of myself. I started this journey by looking into surgery. When you want to do the surgery, the doctors make you jump through many hoops. One of those hoops is to start a diet and exercise program to show you are serious. When I did that the weight started falling off. After a few months and jumping through other hoops, I decided I could do this WITHOUT the surgery. I have lots of folks (FB friends, Neighbors, Church Members and Co-workers) following my progress, cheering for me and praying for me. It is a blessing.

I have so much more energy now it is unbelievable to me!

I will continue to follow this thread and support the others here.

Support and prayers are always a great thing to have. Add me to the list of those on your team!

216.5 as of this morning. Originally +-400, but this last push I started at 238.7

Feeling like a billion bucks to be honest. :lol:

If I can do it, anyone can......seriously.

What sort of lifestyle changes did you make to lose the weight??

Mine has been a severe avoidance of carbs and increase in activity.. By severe, instead of making a meal that was 80% carb foods, it's now 10%.. Man's still gotta live.. :wink:

I'm now down 47 pounds since starting in the middle of last December. 8 more to reach my goal for the end of the year..

I sit in front of computers for 12+ hours per day. :lol:

When i'm not in front a screen, I try to keep moving. Basically I walk and walk and walk. I walk my dogs and then I walk some more. I cant really lift weights because of torn rotator cuffs so power walking with very little bicycle riding is all I do. Seriously, just getting off the couch and walking makes a BIG difference.

The diet for me is the same 90% protein 10% clean carbs. I cheat on Friday nights.....anything goes. When I eat really bad on my cheat day, I feel it and know it. I can honestly tell. For me its just about smarter eating. No packaged foods ever and nothing "White" all other days. No sugar, No flour, No dairy. Everything else is pretty much fair game.

Friday nights are for me, burgers, fries, Pizza, dessert and an occasional beer. Not all at the same time.

For example tonight I am meeting with an old co-worker so for this week tonight will be my "cheat" night. Beers and wings! :LOL2:

As I get closer to my goal weight of 200 I will incorporate other things back in but the walking will not stop. All I need is a comfortable pair of shoes and my headphones and I am good.

Jim said:
paper said:
I'm now down 47 pounds since starting in the middle of last December. 8 more to reach my goal for the end of the year..

Fantastic! :beer:

Thanks!! Same to you!!!

I've mentioned it here before, but my goal for the end of the year is an even 250, and my goal for next year is an even 200..

Like you, diet has been a huge part of the loss, and I try to incorporate as much common sense into activities as I can.. When I'm at the airport, I don't ride the moving walkway or escalator.. Last night I walked over to pick up my truck after getting new brake lines installed. I rode over on my scooter to pay and the guy asked me if I needed a ride back to get the truck?? I told him the 45 minute walk is perfect because it actually had a purpose!! :D I hate exercising for the sake of exercising, but give it a reason, even the most simple task, and I'm all for it!!! This weekend will be wood cutting all weekend.. I have a 96% efficient furnace, but I love being in the woods and the work involved with burning wood when I'm home makes for great exercise!! Lately I've been walking to the post office to get my mail.. It's 20 minutes each way, and giving the walk a purpose makes it just fine..

As I mentioned, it's a lifestyle change.. In my case, I was starting to get uncomfortable in an airplane seat and since I travel for work, it was starting to really tick me off.. Stepping on the scale and seeing that number that started with 3 was the spark that lit the fire..

Having clothes that fit again is nice, too.. :lol:

I made a significant change to my eating and started an exercise program.

I eat 1800 cal. or less per day. (It is amazing how much food you can eat for 1800 cal a day if you choose the right foods.)
I also started working out at the Y three days a week for about an hour each time.
I ride a stationary bike for thirty minutes and use weight machines for about 30 minutes. I really enjoy my time at the Y.

Jack's PA said:
I made a significant change to my eating and started an exercise program.

I eat 1800 cal. or less per day. (It is amazing how much food you can eat for 1800 cal a day if you choose the right foods.)
I also started working out at the Y three days a week for about an hour each time.
I ride a stationary bike for thirty minutes and use weight machines for about 30 minutes. I really enjoy my time at the Y.

Awesome! Stay motivated! :beer: <--Spring water! :LOL2:

01/16/2015 - 214.6 3lbs.....I'll take it!
01/23/2015 - 212.6 WooHoo!
02/06/2015 - 213.2 I blame the superbowl food. #-o
02/20/2015 - 211.0 forgot to weigh in last week again....but making progress.
02/27/2015 - 209.6 weighed in on Friday, but was on the road all day.
03/13/2015 - 211.6 Just goes to show that I shouldn't trust my scale. Still feel good.
03/20/2015 - 210.6 :mrgreen:
06/12/2015 - 209.6
06/19/2015 - 209.4
08/07/2015 - 210 even
08/21/2015 - 210.1 Really....it could't give me that .1 on the other side? #-o
08/28/2015 - 212.3 It's my wife's fault...she made cookies that I found late last night. :mrgreen:
09/18/2015 - 215.4 Been working out very hard for the past couple of weeks. My weight just keeps going up even though diet hasn't changed. No change in pants size either. Sigh.
10/16/2015 - 209.8 Been out of town for several weekends and keep forgetting to post. My Friday weight last week was promising....at least to me. :D
10/23/2015 - 210.0 even.....guess I can't complain.
10/30/2015 - 208.8 Still going in the right direction!

Down a total of 150 as of this morning.

I gave my doc the official news that I am not going to have surgery to lose weight. Nothing against them, they gat me started and to this point. Now that I am over halfway, I feel confident I can make it.

My plan is to increase my workouts to 5 days a week.

If any of you guys want to join me, I will be at the Y at 5:00 am!

Jack's PA said:
Down a total of 150 as of this morning.

I gave my doc the official news that I am not going to have surgery to lose weight. Nothing against them, they gat me started and to this point. Now that I am over halfway, I feel confident I can make it.

My plan is to increase my workouts to 5 days a week.

If any of you guys want to join me, I will be at the Y at 5:00 am!

Way to go Jack...keep it up. I'd join you if I were there.....for sure!

Jack's PA said:

PHENOMENAL! That is excellent!