Tubby Tubby Weight loss challenge 2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have dropped 9 since 1-1-11. Also, on Jan. 3, I quit smoking after 38 years. It's a ***** trying to do two things at once. I also fear my first fishing trip. Fishing and smoking was pure pleasure.

Ken

I quit smoking a long time ago. Any time I think of going back..I think of my fishing/golfing buddy Mike C.

Two years ago he and I were catching LM bass on Silver Lake, Wisc.. Last year, they removed his TONGUE and part of his jaw.. due to mouth cancer. He "quit" but he kept on with those little cigars for a number of years. So, he never really "quit".

The end result ....for him.... is enough to convince me.... to NEVER go back. Rich

wasilvers said:
bought a proform 400ct treadmill yesterday. A good deal at Sams Club at $500 (vs $600-1,300 elsewhere)

Should be able to watch the weight pour off now that I have something to do to exercise in the winter!

Will, how do you like that treadmill? I like walking the neighborhood, but was on a business trip the other week and used the treadmill at the hotel. Wow what a difference between the treadmill and walking... way better workout. I want to buy one but I've started researching which to buy and it's overwhelming how many there are.

poolie said:
wasilvers said:
bought a proform 400ct treadmill yesterday. A good deal at Sams Club at $500 (vs $600-1,300 elsewhere)

Should be able to watch the weight pour off now that I have something to do to exercise in the winter!

Will, how do you like that treadmill? I like walking the neighborhood, but was on a business trip the other week and used the treadmill at the hotel. Wow what a difference between the treadmill and walking... way better workout. I want to buy one but I've started researching which to buy and it's overwhelming how many there are.

I like it, but it's only the second one I've ever used. It is pretty quiet (I hear the belt, not the motor), and everything works fine. I can't run more than the max speed of 10mph, and the max incline of 10 degrees is definitly a workout! My wife has been on more of them than I have and she likes it.
The ipd/mp3 speakers are ok, they could be bigger/louder, but I use wireless headphones anyway. The motor is 2.25 hp, so at slower speeds, as I 'ride' the belt, it goes a bit slower (or sounds like it does anyway). But at 3 or more mph (normal walking speed) it is never varies. The motor is warranteed for 25 years though. I haven't tried the iFit cards yet, but I saw you could make your own workouts online, so that's pretty cool.

The assembly was a fun 2.5 hours by myself, but I'm slow and deliberate with that anyway.
Overall, I think it's definitly worth the price, especially if I can exercise while not leaving the house or going in the snow/ice.

Thanks for the treadmill review. I need to go by Sam's Club today anyway. Hopefully they have one in the store for me to look at.

[youtube]eNtkEowf5xo[/youtube]
I worked on the treadmill room today. Now the equipment is setup for entertainment AND exercise. ;)

Maybe I'll use the equipment now!

Forgot to post an update yesterday. All I can say is slow and steady. Lost one pound. 181 down to 180.

I had a bad weekend (food wise), my sister and her family were finally able to make it over from Green Bay for Christmas. I had five big meals over the weekend, I'm waiting until Friday to weigh in and see if I'm able to limit the damage with a little work this week.

:oops: I forgot to post this yesterday....maybe because I'm not so very proud but I did loose 1.5 lbs last week...It must have been that I-Hop breakfast meeting that did me in.. But I love that place..I promise, I'll do better this week.
peace
ron

freetofish said:
:oops: I forgot to post this yesterday....maybe because I'm not so very proud but I did loose 1.5 lbs last week...It must have been that I-Hop breakfast meeting that did me in.. But I love that place..I promise, I'll do better this week.
peace
ron

That was my fault Ron. I shouldn't have drug you there. But it was a very nice visit.

Guys....I need spring to get here. I'm about to crawl out of my skin. Has nothing to do with dieting or not fishing. I'm one of those people that slowly crawl into the fetal position as winter progresses. I need light and warmth and winter deprives me of both. It's really bad this year too, and no idea why. As for diet...well....I not only fell off the wagon, but I ate it too! I'm up another 2-3 lbs. Someone come kick my butt please.

12/31/10 @ 248.5
1/3/11 @ 248
1/10/11 @ 249 - Up 1 pound.... need to get more active and snack less...
1/13/11 @ 246.5 - Did some snow shovelin....
1/17/11 @ 243.5 - Now my next goal is 240...could not get there last time...

Outdoorsman

You can do it Outdoorsman! Good job so far man!

Im trying to break the 230 mark this friday. I did squats at the gym(What was I thinking #-o )yesterday. Now I can't move a muscle, my legs are killing.

Squats??? I can get down,....but never up...Ha ha

I seem to be gaining weight every day. Official weigh-in day isn't until Wednesday ( or maybe Thursday if I go fishing on Wed.). I am NOT looking forward to the results. We'll see. rich

p.s. Since re-joining the Y last week, I've lifted 8400, 8400, 9180 lbs on the Nautilus type machines every other day. Amazingly, I don't hurt near as much as I thought I would. RG

fender66 said:
As for diet...well....I not only fell off the wagon, but I ate it too! I'm up another 2-3 lbs. Someone come kick my butt please.

Kickbu_C.jpg

Updated my thread in the first post but added it here as well!

2.2 pounds this week! The slow down has come. But this is the way to do it I guess..

January 1, 2011 - 246.8 pounds House scales...They LIE! :LOL2:
January 7, 2011 - 239.0 even 7.8 pounds. Good but it will slow down now going forward.
January 14, 2011 - 232.4 6.6 pounds this week. I hit the Gym every day and killed myself shoveling this week :LOL2:
January 21, 2011 - 230.2 2.2 pounds this week. This is where I need to be weekly, but I was hoping for more! :D

Well done...you are where I want to get!

Those first weeks make it seem easy, then reality steps in. At least you have lost every week. I had two weeks where I gained back a pound or two.

I watched Dr. Oz on TV yesterday at my wife's suggestion. I see he is partnering with Weightwatchers. That revelation added a bit of credibility to what I have been doing. Hope it works.

Going on a cruise in ten days. That will be a real test. regards, rich

Facts:6'1" 36 years old- sit at a desk all day long.

12/01 - 227.5
12/29 - 217.0
01/05 - 214.6
01/12 - 214.6 (great considering we traveled, ate like pigs, deserts every meal,and I was up 4.5 pounds on Monday)
1/19 - 215 not sure what happened, but I'm hitting the treadmill now instead of looking at it.
Next week, it's 210 or bust!

Latest posts