Upgrades for Crappie.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not realize that you are trolling for them, - now it makes more sense. We never troll for crappie - it is almost always small jigs or crank baits or a float and fly type deal with a small jig and Fin-S type plastic

Yes we use both Minnows and jigs (not as often), I have eight 13 foot rods with crappie rigs (two hooks on each rod), and most of the time two people can't keep up with them. As for the food part, yes we keep and clean them; we fry Crappie as often as possible. We have a 30 daily limit per person here on our local lake. I grew up Bass fishing and didn't give Crappie fishing much thought, then My fire cheif got into spider rigging and I tried it too, now it's 90% Crappie and very little Bass fishing.

Broncoman, that dual seat setup rocks.

I need something on that order for my own since there is only one seat mount per deck. How did you mount the pedestal base to the stand? I can't tell if it is a separate piece or if you just ground the chrome off of a seat pole and welded it to the frame.

I have changed the setup from this to two additional bases in the floor. The double seat set-up in the pic is made out of 1.5X2" rectangular tube for the feet, 2" Square tube for the crosspiece, and 1.5" 120 wall tube for the posts. I then used two swivel-eze, bushings in the top of the post. I had to split the tube in half a few inches at the top and squeeze it back together and weld it for the bushings to fit snuggly. That's why the tops in the unpainted pics look shinny at the top from grinding the welds. I have since changed and just added two more seat bases in the deck, that way I could easily switch back and forth from two seats to one at anytime. The only problem with the first mount was changing it out if you were on the water you had to store it someplace.

seat%20mount.JPG

mini%20seat%20base.JPG

Too bad I'm not going to be in SEMO any time soon. I would be trying to talk you out of it. :lol: