What am I ?? do you know ???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know the name. But this is the second one I have ever seen. The first was in the movie JAWS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

surfman said:
Got pictures of the inside? Doesn't seem to me like making a bracket to prop up a window could be all that difficult.
this is not the boat originally posted... its someone else's boat... but gives you and idea what they look like … you may have to zoom in on them to see them better..

Attachments

• IMG_0257[1].jpg
    IMG_0257[1].jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,192
  • IMG_0259[1].jpg
    IMG_0259[1].jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,192
  • IMG_0890[1].jpg
    IMG_0890[1].jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,192
  • IMG_0894[1].jpg
    IMG_0894[1].jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,192
Looks like a channel with a slot. Through the slot goes a flat bar that pivots on the window and has notches for different positions where it sets in the slot. I imagine closed position would be down and probably tucked behind a hook of sorts.
I wouldn’t let window latches scare me off this project. If you had a working model made crudely with an angle grinder, you could get nice ones cut out by a shop with a water jet. I’d be looking closely at structural parts like stringers etc for cracks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you guys are, and the boats cool factor is kinda talking me back into buying this boat again.. it also needs a better trailer as the one under it is pretty bad.. just what do any of you think a fair price for this would be ?? then I will tell you what I can get it for..

That boat has "way cool " all over it.. price? Only you know what you are comfortable with..

Stan

No motor, junk trailer...depends on hull condition, assuming it needs gutted and a complete redo. It would be worth 1000-1500 to me. Would you use the boat? is the question. The cool factor is way up there but only if you have a place for it.

Weldorthemagnificent said:
No motor, junk trailer...depends on hull condition, assuming it needs gutted and a complete redo. It would be worth 1000-1500 to me. Would you use the boat? is the question. The cool factor is way up there but only if you have a place for

Weldorthemagnificent said:
No motor, junk trailer...depends on hull condition, assuming it needs gutted and a complete redo. It would be worth 1000-1500 to me. Would you use the boat? is the question. The cool factor is way up there but only if you have a place for it.

yes I would use it once its redone.. I can get a nice trailer for around $200-$ 250... after explaining to him the trailer was pretty much shot.. he went from $2000 to $1800 and is standing firm at that.. I couldn't get him down even another $100...

Gotta wonder what restored ones go for. It’s rare enough that it may actually be worth the sum of its parts unlike a lot of boats. No painting, just elbow grease and interior work. If you say you’d use it then go for it. Slap a period correct motor on it or what a lot of the old wooden boat guys around here do is put a brand new 4 stroke on it. Either way, it would be the most interesting resto thread on tinboats.

Oldboat, have you talked to the guy restoring that cabin boat about his windows? You might want to try to contact him, he might be very helppful, the worst he can do is just ignore you.

I just saw a very similar boat in Seattle last week that had been refurbished. It has searchlights, and all the aluminum had been polished. It was under a covered expensive marina on Lake Washington. Brilliant. You have found a jewel.

Thank all of you who have chimed in on this thread .. and you Welderthemagnificent for your encouragement on this project.. and surfman I haven't been able to figure a way to contact any of the other owners of these boats yet still looking into that.. and thank you also ppine.. I may have possibly seen that boat in photos and the only couple of clips I've come across on YouTube.. it was from Seattle.. although if its the same one it wasn't polished then.. here is a photo I found on the internet of one that someone owns and redid .. the only one I've seen so far with a different type of window openers.. possibly this owner found a solution to the problem .. possibly trailer house window cranks ?? I would like to talk to the owner and see just what he did.. I solved the trailer issue also … I hope... I just bought this 1979 EZ Loader trailer .. probably more trailer then needed.. it has an electric wench, serge brakes, tandem axels ( which I didn't really need ) but it was only $236.00 I figured I couldn't go wrong at that price..

Attachments

• 16977[1].jpg
    16977[1].jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 16981[1].jpg
    16981[1].jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 16979[1].jpg
    16979[1].jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 16978[1].jpg
    16978[1].jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,275
  • interior[1].jpg
    interior[1].jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,275
Heck yeah, you stole that trailer!
Now pardon my ignorance since I have only owned tiller boats but isn’t the steering wheel supposed to be on the right hand side?

thanks on the trailer !! it was at a small local on-line auction site. I looked it over a few days ago, and watching it, I saw it wasn't getting any large bids.. although it did get 12 bidders and 26 bids.. 5 were mine :D I think it was the sleeper of the auction !! a really crummy smaller boat trailer went for $127.00 sometimes you get good deals there sometimes things go for to much.. :roll: that's a good question on the steering.. I've seen wheels of both sides.. seems most common on the right.. my Arkansas Traveler is also on the left.. I've read some theories about this.. seems no one really has a definitive answer .. some say it goes all the way back to Roman times..

The reason the wheel is usually on the right side of a boat is to counter the effect of the torque of the engine with the weight of the driver. The engine torque will cause the starboard side to rise (or the boat rolls to port) during acceleration and having the wheel on that side counters that with your weight.

Very good deal on that trailer.. Maybe that was a "sign"??
Allows a little more $$ for boat!! :D
Stan