What did santa bring you?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drsouce411 said:
Waterwings said:
drsouce411 said:
Garmin Oregon 400t GPS (Highly recommended!) and a bunch of camping gear. Cant wait for spring so I can put it all to use!!

One of my brothers has a Garmin 400 (can't recall which model, but I know it's expensive), which he uses for geocaching. Very nice units! 8)

Yea, there's a bit of a price tag on them. It was my "big" present cuz of that.... some other camping odds and ends. I went with the 400t (preloaded Topographic maps) because I do a lot of hunting and shlupping through the woods to remote trout ponds :D .

Asked my brother when I saw him the other day, and he got the 400t, and loves it. 8)

Back to the Garmin vehicle units, I rec'd a Free update for my 255w through the myGarmin website. Not sure if it applies to other models but worth checking out. If you're unit is eligible there will be a Code to use to download the update. The download updated the City Navigator - North America maps to the 2009 issue. You'll have to download the "Download Manager" and the maps will come with it. Be prepared for it to take awhile (it warns you). I have DSL and it took just over 3 hours to complete the process (fell asleep at the computer while it was loading :roll: ) . I also recommend printing out the instructions (9 pgs, but mostly screen shots) for the download and have them next to you. Oh, have your unit setup and plugged into your computer, as there are some steps involved with the download that involve the unit itself.

Enjoy! 8)

I updated my 680 to the 2009 maps a few months ago, but there was no difference in the maps where I drive. I won't be buying any more maps until maybe 2011