What happened to?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was an issue with an advertisement about the website that didn't sit well with him if I remember right. I looked for the thread, but apparently it got deleted.

It was more the fund drive by the new site owners than anything else. It rubbed him the wrong way, and he wasn't in agreement with the tactic(s) utilized.
If there was some conversation between him and the site management, that could have escalated things, too, but we'll never know.
I wasn't too thrilled with the way they did the drive, either, but I know that it takes a fair amount of bucks to operate a website, soooo. I guess it's no worse than the third party agency that sends out my NRA membership renewal request about 5 times a year.

Just my opine.....Roger

It was more the fund drive by the new site owners than anything else. It rubbed him the wrong way, and he wasn't in agreement with the tactic(s) utilized.
If there was some conversation between him and the site management, that could have escalated things, too, but we'll never know.
I wasn't too thrilled with the way they did the drive, either, but I know that it takes a fair amount of bucks to operate a website, soooo. I guess it's no worse than the third party agency that sends out my NRA membership renewal request about 5 times a year.

Just my opine.....Roger
Now I recall the thread. I too wasn't crazy about a fund drive. I'd rather they offer a paid membership where you don't see any advertisements and an unpaid where you get some poop ups, but that is up to the new owners. Either way it didn't bother me enough to make me withdraw. EDIT(POOP should read pop ups) I'm an idiot, what can I say.

Last edited: