What is the shallowest running jet boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been reading people quoting that line quite a bit. Can you elaborate? My 1448 with a 25 hp jet will go anywhere That a river pro can go. If there is water flowing over it. Frankly the river pro is limited To where it can go because of size. Here is an example: your river
Pro is not going through this: https://youtu.be/3srtHcra-do

I have also heard people qoute that they go where outboard jets can't? Where is that? Dry land? Don't get me wrong they are kick *** boats I just think it's funny when I read those quotes. I would like to upgrade to a larger boat to carry more people. Are you saying that the river pro is the shallowest running larger boat?

I
have been reading people quoting that line quite a bit. Can you elaborate? My 1448 with a 25 hp jet will go anywhere That a river pro can go. If there is water flowing over it. Frankly the river pro is limited To where it can go because of size. Here is an example: your river
Pro is not going through this: https://youtu.be/3srtHcra-do

I have also heard people qoute that they go where outboard jets can't? Where is that? Dry land? Don't get me wrong they are kick *** boats I just think it's funny when I read those quotes. I would like to upgrade to a larger boat to carry more people. Are you saying that the river pro is the shallowest running larger boat?

Riverpro's are limited by width yes,I thought we were talking Depth here.I used to own a 17' 48" with a 50HP on it, 2 yrs ago I went up river till i couldn't go any more.A Riverpro went over the gravel bar about 20' turned a hairpin right in about
2" over water and on up the river ,I bought one that next spring.You just have to see it to believe it I used to think the same thing.

Those RiverPros are bad ***. But, **** at the price tag. I looked at one, but I needed a boat that could fit into tight places and met all my needs....from casting to bowfishing and everything in between. I didn't think any of their hull layouts would work for me. And for a min of 32K....it's got to be a perfect fit.

I you need to jump gravel bars....I think something like a RiverPro is what you need.

Those RiverPros are bad ***. But, **** at the price tag. I looked at one, but I needed a boat that could fit into tight places and met all my needs....from casting to bowfishing and everything in between. I didn't think any of their hull layouts would work for me. And for a min of 32K....it's got to be a perfect fit.

I you need to jump gravel bars....I think something like a RiverPro is what you need.

Yeah They are for fishing with just 2 , but that is all i do with it .There is not much room in them unless you put stuff under the engine lid.

Thanks for elaborating!! That's sick! You could run with 3-4 people couldn't you, if you just wanted to go cruising? Still run in 4-6"? My buddy has the 1652 alweld tunnel with a 35hp honda he goes up and down with 3-4 guys.

The 1860ccj with a 115/80 and a 24v trolling motor rigger out the door is 26k. **** it's getting closer to the river pro.

What did you pay for the 1656 ccj out the door? I am getting 18760 without the trolling motor.

Thanks for elaborating!! That's sick! You could run with 3-4 people couldn't you, if you just wanted to go cruising? Still run in 4-6"? My buddy has the 1652 alweld tunnel with a 35hp honda he goes up and down with 3-4 guys.

Yeah you can run with up to 5 people fine just not if you were gonna fish, with just two people and gear it will dead float in 4" and it will run with the trolling motor in 6".It took the whole year to get used to what it will do.It has a serious hole shot ,it is not fast but it will go 21 MPH in 18' on GPS it will get on step in the length of the boat .

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=339481#p339481 said:
Scuba559 » 15 minutes ago[/url]"]Thanks for elaborating!! That's sick! You could run with 3-4 people couldn't you, if you just wanted to go cruising? Still run in 4-6"? My buddy has the 1652 alweld tunnel with a 35hp honda he goes up and down with 3-4 guys.

The 1860ccj with a 115/80 and a 24v trolling motor rigger out the door is 26k. s**t it's getting closer to the river pro.

What did you pay for the 1656 ccj out the door? I am getting 18760 without the trolling motor.

$16,200...that's before taxes and registration...with no trolling motor, no batteries, no fish finder, no fishing seats or pedestal and a tank full of fuel, galvanized trailer, and the driver seat.

Here is a link to my thread on this boat:
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29361

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=339482#p339482 said:
SPACECOWBOY » Today, 12:11[/url]"]

Yeah you can run with up to 5 people fine just not if you were gonna fish, with just two people and gear it will dead float in 4" and it will run with the trolling motor in 6".It took the whole year to get used to what it will do.It has a serious hole shot ,it is not fast but it will go 21 MPH in 18' on GPS it will get on step in the length of the boat .

What do you mean it is not fast? i though that it will go like 45 mph+, that whole shot seams pretty fast to me.

You're going to really like the G3 1860. My cousin had one until someone rearended him towing it to the river. Even after getting rear-ended, not a single weld cracked on the boat. I'd definitely suggest the 115/80. I have a 90/65 on my 17' g3 CC. I will agree about the cavitation, but I've also destroyed my foot, and already scarred my new one due to the lack of a tunnel. I run the Chesapeake in my jet, though, so I like having the standard hull, I just have to be careful running the river during summer flows. The local g3 dealer for us in central PA is top notch (lakeside marine). I know countless people that have bought boats from them, and I've never heard anything bad about them. That may have something to do with the popularity of them out this way, but you sure seem to see a lot of them on the water.

I'll be honest I didn't see the videos, but if you're jumping gravel bars have you considered a UMHW bottom? I know it adds to the cost and weight, but one thing you'll learn quick in a bigger / heavier boat is that to run shallower you need to be moving faster, and you hit harder. The poly bottom would definitely give me a piece of mind.

What do you mean it is not fast? i though that it will go like 45 mph+, that whole shot seams pretty fast to me.

Top speed is about 50 mph but compared to my friends 80 mph 600 hp boat it's slow ,but it will hole shot them bad. I didn't get it to go fast,it likes to hang around 25-30.

Attachments

• DSC00625(1).JPG
    DSC00625(1).JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 4,911
The Riverpro brings up a couple good points. I'm not too concerned about the shallowest running hull, more about a hull that will hole shot and come off plane without digging holes in the water.

The I/B's seem to handle better with the engine more mid mounted vs. an O/B with the engine hanging off the rear. I noticed a huge difference in how my hull handled once I installed the pods beside the pump. I had a chance to talk to Kevin Turner about my Seadoo conversion before executing it and he had some good advice. He was doing them in the '90's and the conversions are what became Riverpro.

I still think a 1448 with stick steer would work best on that water. My 1448 that's stretched to a 17'6" x 48" is a great 2 place bass fisher but will fish three for cats comfortably.

For sure. In the second video, you can see the prop kick sand up a couple of times as I run back over that shoal, heading back toward the hair-pin turn.

Initially going over that shoal, you can hear me feather the throttle several times, as I wasn't sure if the boat was going to clear it, and you definitely don't want to 'stick' at WOT, if you do, the boat comes to a much more violent stop (don't ask me how I know this, LOL)

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=339640#p339640 said:
RiverBottomOutdoors » Today, 19:51[/url]"]:shock:

This is pretty shallow too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OKCE2zPOwg