What makes your boat unique...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMull53

Reaction score
Okay so I'm looking for ideas, little odds and ends that I can add onto my boat or to make it a little bit more unique than the others. In your opinion what little things can be done to make your boat stand out from the rest of them. Right now I'm thinking of making a custom shelf/rod holder/utility tool mount on the rear port side of my johnboat.

Pictures are appreciated if you feel so inclined....

Giving it a name provides a bit of personal touch, mine as you can see is called Cigar Barge. I won a raffle on here and another member made me some cool stickers with the name.

Frankly necessity is the mother of invention and your boat will become unique to you as time goes on. Rod holders and beer holders can be homemade and save you some bucks just for example.

Tim

DSCN0275.JPGDSCN0276.JPGDSCN0148.JPGsome of my unique creationsDSCN0283.JPG prototype

Attachments

• DSCN0292.JPG
    DSCN0292.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 830
Tim, you are quite right, necessity is certainly the mother of a inventions. I figure once I take the maden voyage and get frequent time on the water I'll see what I need/want to add....a name though is surely in the works!

Juggernot - nice work....very helpful, thanks for the pics

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=346958#p346958 said:
RMull53 » Yesterday, 5:29 pm[/url]"]Okay so I'm looking for ideas, little odds and ends that I can add onto my boat or to make it a little bit more unique than the others. In your opinion what little things can be done to make your boat stand out from the rest of them. Right now I'm thinking of making a custom shelf/rod holder/utility tool mount on the rear port side of my johnboat.

Pictures are appreciated if you feel so inclined....

Allow a of couple kids to paint your boat, and let them choose the colors.
I guarantee you it will be unique! :lol:

Anything you do makes it different. I added a 20x65x19" front storage box to mine. Along with upgrading anything I can. My next project is really going to set her apart. I am adding LED lighting under the gunnel. The lighting I am adding can change colors with a remote, and also the brightness. This will make it stand out from the crowd. I have the first set and am getting ready to order my next set.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=347042#p347042 said:
huntinfool » Today, 08:00[/url]"]Anything you do makes it different. I added a 20x65x19" front storage box to mine. Along with upgrading anything I can. My next project is really going to set her apart. I am adding LED lighting under the gunnel. The lighting I am adding can change colors with a remote, and also the brightness. This will make it stand out from the crowd. I have the first set and am getting ready to order my next set.

2 strips are definitely the way to go. I ran mine the other night while night fishing. The boat looked pretty good with the red lights in it and the white underwater LED's

Thanks guys....keep'em comin.....if you have pics of these LED lighting jobs id really like to see those!

RMull53 said:
Thanks guys....keep'em comin.....if you have pics of these LED lighting jobs id really like to see those!

I'm not sure how to do it on my phone, but if you look up "duck boat disco 2" on YouTube you will find my lighting install with 1 strip. I ran a second strip in the same spot on the opposite side. I don't have a video or pics of my underwater lights, but they do reasonably well in fairly clear water.

Latest posts