What pays your bills?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am Director of Dining services in an institution formely know as reform type Schools ( many nicer names today) Basicaly our "Clients" 7-12 grade and option till age 21 have been provided to us by local County Judges at 150k a pop ( per Year) you guys pay for the miscreants we see everyday. Work is fun, we have many fights, mostly at Breakfast time when the meds wear off. Its a hoot! average IQ is 70.....( the kids). Side note, I used to be a Chef at Windows of the World, 107th floor, World trade Center. Leaving that job was a good move. [-o<

I'm a senior underwriter for one of the largest (well, the largest) insurance company in the world (for about 6 years now). I underwrite risk management programs for companies who generate atleast $700mm in revenues yearly.

I'm also a member of the South Carolina Air National Guard. For the last 12 years, I've been a Satellite Communications operator for about 8... prior to that I was a PJ. I'm still doing SATCOM, but now I'm attached to a small outfit doing satellite imagery - this stuff would blow your mind. Think of google earth, that's what I do - but with MUCH more detail as to what you can see. I'm pretty sure I saw Captn's plaid shorts the other day when I downloaded the northeast pass for that day.. He's got a lot of pink and green plaids...

Retired police commander with 30+ years on the job. Living on pension, trying to save enough up for some plaid shorts..... :lol:

Captain Ahab said:
I sell "All Things Plaid " a specialty line of clothing and house wear geared towards today's progressive angler

nice...and good way to revive the topic

I've spent the past 3+ decades working for art museums. I've been a carpenter/cabinet maker, designer and project manager for gallery installations with budgets as little as a few hundred $ to major multi-million $ building addition projects. I have a very cool job...

I am the Technology Coordinator at a small Charter School in the Twin Cities that serves "at risk" kids grades 9 through 12. Really, Technology Coordinator is another name for the Network Administrator, only I don't get paid as much as a Network Admin... :|

Still, I love my job. Looking to get out soon though so that I can find a job that pays enough for the wife to stay at home with our little girl, but if it wasn't for that, I would probably never leave this place...

GM mechanic

and is allowing my to buy my first house at 24 years old.
congrats, thats been my goal for a few years now. getting very close to becoming reality just got a few more payments on truck and student loans left

I am independently wealthy. Put I work for the local power company to keep me out of the bar all day
I have 20 years responding to both gas and electric emergency calls. I get plenty of forced overtime
I have already passed my base salary for the year and my fishing has suffered.
to the guys that are serving or who have served thank you for all you have given up so I can enjoy the life we all have here

welder/fabricator
weeks check pays the bills and thing for the house and truck...
all the small walk in jobs are what i use for my extra money for my tin...
and i get to do all my work at the shop for FREE!!!!

Joined the Navy right out of high school at age 17, spent 21 yrs doing that as as a Hull Technician & Damage Controlman, retiring in '92. After that, spent roughly 4 yrs in home improvement retail (which made me crazy), and am now in my 15th yr of teaching high school. Seriously thinking about calling it quits after this year, and if I don't, I'll do one more year and that's it.

Commerical Electrician/Forman
I usually do medical work any thing from Doctors offices,Hospital remodels,mri,x-ray,cat scan,pet scan rooms .Get rooms wire and ready for equipment to be installed.
Just finished a cancer treatment faclity,now am remodeling a open Hospital (trying) it is hard to do when you have patients .Right now running two shifts one by day with me on site/one by phone at night when i should be sleeping #-o

23yrs of this time to get out,But it is all i know how to do.

I work in a federal prison.
Stupid people used to grind my gears but now I realize they are my job security. ](*,)