Why do you fish?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bassboy1 said:
Bugpac said:
Latham 1/28, I will have a empty seat in the boat... :) You down for it Bassboy?

Shoot, if it wasn't a Thursday, I'd be all over it. Aside from weekends, my only school holidays are for the next two months are the 18th, then Feb. 12th and 15th.

I got the wrong date then, it is the last saturday.. Its the 30th of January.

https://www.bassanglersofnorthgeorgia.com/2010schedule.html

i am a retired firefighter and when i was on the job fishing helped me get away from death and the distrction that the job had in it now i fish to spend time with my wife and son we spend at the least 1 day out of the weekend if not both on the water some place here in wv this year we are going to lake erie to try our luck there but what i like about it the most we are together as even if we dont catch a fish its all good :D

I was hooked when I was 9 yrs old and hooked my 1st Bass by some reeds in a small farm pond next to my house...That Bass pulled my cane pole and gill i was using as bait all over that pond...I finally landed it and it was a lil over 4 pounds and I been hooked ever since... Been hooked for 52 yrs running and will till I leave this earth...
It's like this.... when ya get that tic tic at the end of your line using a jig or worm and that SECOND of anticipation when ya set the hook it could be a 6 incher or a 8 pounder nuffin like that feeling.....
I DO LOVE IT SO............................JIGGY

i've been fishing since i could remember. heck, the whole family use to go. started going hunting w/ my dad around 8 or 9. at 14 i got my hunter ed and started caring a gun. did both until i turned 16 and quit due to the fact that i didn't work so no money for licenses. picking them both back up about 4 years ago and i'm loving it. gives me a chance to go out and not have to worry about the things going on at home. it good exercise when walking to a hole or hunting destination (boats been sitting for over 10 years with no tow vechile. hope to get it back together and out this year.) the rush of being able to imitate a bait fish or call in a turkey is real nice too. i just enjoy the outdoors.

To me there is nothing more peaceful and exciting at the same time. It calms me down, lift me up. Also just for the love of it. I have always loved it. Started fishing when i was about 2 and never looked back. Then came 9 and i went to nothing but bass, and now i am obsessed with it. Meet some great people and have went a lot of places. To me there is no down side. And make a little money every once in a wile.

As a boy raised in Arizona with a dad that was not into the outdoors, I did not have opportunities to fish. When I married my fil introduced me to trout fishing. Didn't catch hardly any so I gave it up. Moved to Arkansas and with the abundance of places to fish I took up fishing again. Been here for over 20 yrs., still don't catch hardly any of any kind but, I do it because I just LOVE it. I can't really give one reason, it is everything that goes with it that just invigerates a retired 66 yr. old old man. I have a cheap little 14' jon boat with a 5 hp motor, 8 fishing rods, a bunch of lures, etc. and when I am on the water I am KING. Still don't catch fish (well, every once in awhile I will catch one) but that don't matter. I am FISHING.

I fish for the comrodery (sp?) with my buddys, and just to get out by myself for a good ole stress releaver. The anticipation of what may bite next also helps out

Because even a bad day fishin' is better than a good day at werk.

My dad introduced me to it many years ago. He introduced my sister and brother to the sport as well. I seemed to be the only one that really didn't mind sitting there, not catching anything, so I got the invites to go more often. I only wish when I was younger that I was smart enough to have figured out he wouldn't be around forever and learned more from him. On a calm day he could land a small trout fly on a plate from 75 feet away with a 5 weight rod. I can't even keep 75 feet of fly line in the air.

Mostly I go now because it relaxes me. I totally enjoy fishing alone. I don't mind sharing my boat with others though. Just sometimes it seems more enjoyable going out by myself. As far as tournaments go... Not my cup of tea. I only do one tournament type thing and that is the local cancer benefit ice fishing derby (which is coming up this Feb in case anyone wants to sign up) . Couldn't care less if I never even put a jig in the water for that one.

My dad got me into fishing when I was very young. He could sit and fish all day long and he was patient with me as a kid not having any patience and would get up and roam around if I did not get any bites.

Now I am getting my youngest son into fishing and he is loving it. I usually get more enjoyment out of watching him catch his first of any type of fish because he just gets so excited :D

I tried other methods of relaxing but found that smacking the daylights out of a little while ball and screaming Dammit, wasn't really so relaxing after all.

Popeye said:
I tried other methods of relaxing but found that smacking the daylights out of a little while ball and screaming Dammit, wasn't really so relaxing after all.

LOL... It's fun until you have to try and find the ball.... I like going to the driving range, there it don't matter, someone else has to worry about finding them.....

I thought I posted something up here, but dont see it.

Anyway, To be honest, I didn't learn to fish until I met my wife. She is the one that took me out while we were dating and taught me the ways.......

I guess I found it enjoyable to sit there with my wife and not have to worry about what is going on with the job, what is going on with life, you just sit there and worry about the fish, and you dont even do that. its just a way for me and my wife to sit back and relax and talk about anything that comes to mind.

Don't get me wrong, Reeling in a big one would be nice here and there, but as many of you have said, a bad day fishing still beats a good day at work.

These days I fish to get away from it all. There's just nothing like the peacefulness of being out on the water trying to outsmart a bass.

Sometimes I fish just to figure out and fool a couple fish. Sometimes I fish just to catch some. I like feeling that tick on my line. I don't really know why I have always fished. Just not much I'd rather do.

'Cause it's real hard to catch and release a ten point'

Getting out into nature after working in the batcave all of daylight.

Because a fish a cast on top water is more fun than any comedy show.

Because compared to dinner and a movie it's cheap fun.

Jamie