Why do you fish?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with Andy, it may be about memories for me too. When I was little my parents owned a resort in central MN. My brothers and I had a wooden flat-bottom with a hole in the bottom. When we rowed it out we would break off a weed and stuff it in the hole. We could out-fish almost anyone on the lake - we even had people wait to get in to our spots after we left. That was in the mid-50's and we mostly used cane poles for panfish. We were too young to help out with the work of the resort so we had all the benefits of living there without any responsibility. It was a little bit of heaven and I miss those times a lot. I fish now because I love everything about it. I used to be hardy and would fish in almost any weather. These days I am a sunny-day fisherman and I am happy to fish or not so long as I am out in the boat. My partner T loves it as well so it gives us good time together without all the distractions of home stuff. We fish, bird watch or sometimes sit on the floor with our legs hanging over the side and have lunch - or not. What could be better...

For me it is the day away from it all and the friends, WE LAUGH ALLOT, I seldom go alone as it is to boreing but I do still enjoy it if no friends are available, could live out there I think. I do love the outdoors and spend most of my free time in year around. I hunt too, most species so ther is somthing to do most of the time. We have a short time from the end of March to the end of April when nothing is open so we use that as a gear changing time from hunting to fishhing.

I took up fishing when I hit my late twenties and quit drinking heavily. I found my self slowing down, looking past today and doing lots of self reflection on life. realized there was more then partying and chasing women. I grabbed my old $12 spinning reel out of my Dad's Garage and was hooked on the first fish I caught.

Now I fish for the peace and quiet. no phones, no work, no customers, no boss. my two favorite places are in my boat when the sun is coming up or in my portable watching the little blips on the flasher.