• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Johnson 9.5/15 SHORT driveshaft #0321455

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMOS

Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm converting a Johnson 15 HP Long Shaft to a short shaft and need a standard, short driveshaft. Part number: 0321455

Hoping to find a used one sitting in someone's garage. :mrgreen:

CMOS

CMOS you can take the drive shaft to a local machine shop and get it cut down or re-splined like I did. wanna say it was about 90 bucks, getting it cut and rewelded would have been cheeper

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36779

Charger,

I was able to find a shaft on Ebay for $80. Already have the lower rebuilt on this 15 HP.

Right now I have pulled the head to replace the T-stat (trust me, easier than trying to only pull the T-stat cover on this model). Good thing I did because you should have seen what was under that cover (should have taken a pic). The water passages leading to the T-stat under the cover was caked with - heck, I don't know. It wasn't salt residue - I tasted it. It really looked like maybe some type of insect nest, but the entire passage was completely clogged. For a very short period of time I was contemplating trying to run it without changing the T-stat, and do that later if needed.

New rule: ALWAYS change the T-stat on used motor.

Hope to have time to put the head back on this weekend. Got it painted up real nice and shiny.

CMOS