You know you're getting old when.....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Microsoft Excel really, really "new".

Lotus 123 Now, that makes me feel OLD!

Ha Ha

I had to teach myself to program in RPG and Fortran to get my first 4K computer (Timex-Sinclair) to do anything... That program made me a ton of money over the next 5 years. It cost $100.00 before I added additional memory and a thermo printer.

KMixson said:
I remember when i thought microfiche was some kind of an alien computer program to me. Microsoft Excel is kind of the killer of microfiche.

Before MS Excel, it was Lotus 123. And before that it was hand entries on paper spreadsheets. Aw, the good ol days.

I remember having to get permission from our regional office before using the fax machine. The concern was long distance charges.

richg99 said:
Microsoft Excel really, really "new".

Lotus 123 Now, that makes me feel OLD!

Ha Ha

I had to teach myself to program in RPG and Fortran to get my first 4K computer (Timex-Sinclair) to do anything... That program made me a ton of money over the next 5 years. It cost $100.00 before I added additional memory and a thermo printer.

We must have been typing about Lotus 123 at the same time. Gosh, I remember those Sinclair machines. I was big time. I had an Apple II+ with 64K of memory!!

I took some Fortran and Cobol in college. Wrote the required program code, than ran them from punch cards. I remember having to go to the computer lab in the middle of the night because that was the only time I could get access to run my batch. Gosh, I hated getting those syntax error codes. They were the cause of a lot of sleepless nights.

My first computer was a kit I put together that was offered by Heathkit. Then I moved on to the Commodore 28 and Commodore 64. If you had a Commodore 128 you'd hit the gem of the generation. I knew I was in trouble when programming got to the point that you had to use a compiler to complete your programs.